The one guitar you keep reaching for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one guitar you keep reaching for?

Out of all the guitars in your collection, which one do you find yourself picking up and playing the most? The one that is the most fun to play?

Maybe it isn't the most expensive one, or maybe not even the best sounding one, but it works for you. And its perfect.

Mine is a Music Man Silhouette Special with 2 humbuckers and a scalloped neck. It is basically a refined, lighter Strat.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Mine is my 1997 Fender standard black strat with a JB Jr. It is well worn in and there is that feeling I get while I play it that no one other guitar I have, or played in any price range has captured. It is the perfect guitar. It has never let me down.

Comment

Almost impossible for me to answer. Lately I would say my Nik Huber Orca Faded Sunburst. A guitar I smile and have fun every time I play it would be my old Tele and the memories of all the stories that came with it.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
          Almost impossible for me to answer. Lately I would say my Nik Huber Orca Faded Sunburst. A guitar I smile and have fun every time I play it would be my old Tele and the memories of all the stories that came with it.
          Yes, sometimes the memories and stories we can tell about our guitars is just as exciting as actually playing them. I have so many about my old strat that I could write a book about

Comment

In the last 2-3 weeks it's the old crappy Jackson Performer PS4, used to sound very dull and muffled and after the last string change, which also included changing the locking nut and reattaching the neck, started to sound very, very nice, better sustain and brighter tone.

Comment

Undecided between my 2011 LP Traditional and my heavily modded Jackson DK2 (FShred/VRails/CRails, Freeway 10 position switch, push-pull series/parallel wiring in the neck pickup and a Schaller Lockmeister trem).

But all guitars in my stable put a smile on my face, just different kinds of smile.
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I'd love my Epi Wildkat Koa, to have a third (middle) pickup, aswell as some kind of tremolo system. :/ But you can't have it all, I guess.

I played my brothers H-S-S Yamaha Pacifica strung with 09's, and I could shred like "Satriani" on that one, compared to my Epi. Also it had that great singing lead tone.

I'm still thinking about modding the Epi- if it can be done in a professional way; that doesn't destroy the instrument. I LOVE the neck, just chunky enough, also the guitar gives off this beaufiful shimmering vibrato, if you rock it back n forth when playing open chords. . A real nice axe.
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Oddly, one of my most played, is also one of my cheapest. My Peavey Rockmaster, with the Perpetual Burn. It's light and simple, and the PB covers a lot of ground.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9FCDAB8B-67F2-4160-AC15-776AFAF96381.jpeg
Views:	343
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	6075167 Old Music Man Silhouette HSS...light easy to play and of course sounds great..
                    Last edited by justFred; 04-20-2021, 06:04 AM.

Comment

They all put a smile on my face, so it's very hard to choose, particularly since I keep my guitars in different tunings for specific genres and songs. If I had to pick, I'd go with my Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro in Trans Blue, slightly modded (Black Winter pickups and a tusq nut). Just a huge-sounding guitar that can cover a wide range of styles, from rock to metal to jazz to blues and so on.

Comment

My Ibanez PL1770. It's basically an AZ of its day, but with an Edge and ebony fingerboard. Love the neck, and Duncans make it very versatile.
                        Originally posted by dominus
                        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

I've been playing my Taylor an awful lot lately.

Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

My number one for a while now. It’s a partscaster that I built by continually replacing parts on my old Deluxe Plus Strat until it became a completely different guitar. The neck is comfortable, the trem is perfect for me, it stays in tune extremely well with bar usage, and the Dimarzio Injectors sound good and are quiet.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Since I got a Squire Classic Vibe 60's I've been playing that at home a lot lately simply because it's out on a stand and I've been making small adjustments here and there to it. Most of the time I play my Warmoth HH Strat.

Comment

Working...
                              X