No announcement yet.

Which Ibanez RG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin does a sprucing up service but it usually costs as much as a new guitar
    And? We care in this thread because?

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

don't be snide
      you started that

the point is some companies do spruce up their products
      and for the price of an email, why the frick not
      Last edited by ehdwuld; 04-29-2021, 10:07 AM.
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        I'll destroy any possibility for you to ever buy anything burled ever again. Burled wood happens when there is a horrible tragedy and the faces of the damned become trapped in the wood. See them? Screaming to get out....

If only that were true...it'd sell 100x better than plain ol diseased wood burl
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

Martin does a sprucing up service but it usually costs as much as a new guitar
          Martin SPRUCES things up. Get it??? Spruce??? "Martin" Spruces... HAHAHAHAHA

Maple they wood use that special wood, you know, Sitka one that they use a lot to Spruce things.

I hear they make like a Brazilian Rosewood ones too!

You guys can use any of these - you don't Oak me anything. Koa I get a laugh?
          Last edited by Aceman; 04-29-2021, 12:40 PM.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I have heard of folks sending their PRS in to the factory to be refretted and or have a crack repaired
            or some other Maintenance item

Peavey used to do that with amps and PA gear before it all moved to China
            I have friends who used that service

its like taking the car to a dealership instead of the local tech ( not comparing Goob to a shade tree mechanic like myself )
            EHD

Comment

I don't know if it is gonna be easy to get ahold of the proper people at Ibanez, unless you know someone there.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I don't know if it is gonna be easy to get ahold of the proper people at Ibanez, unless you know someone there.
                email is cheap, lets find out.

probably talk to that company in Bensalem that imports them Hoshino Gakki
                I have had conversations with them before
                they dot do much more than setups and stuff
                Last edited by ehdwuld; 04-29-2021, 06:15 PM.
                EHD

Comment

Ibanez doesn't manufacture those guitars wtf... Fujigen does. It probably has no manufacturing facility.

It's essentially a design company like Nike or Apple. Body by Fujigen, hardware by Gotoh, pickups by DM etc.

So, nein!

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

email is cheap, lets find out.

probably talk to that company in Bensalem that imports them Hoshino Gakki
                    I have had conversations with them before
                    they dot do much more than setups and stuff
                    I'd love to know what they say if this works.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Ibanez has a small custom shop in LA, which works for artists (not open to public, much to the chagrin of Ibz punters). But yes, in Japan, the guitars are made at Fujigen, which is a separate entity. The only factory Ibanez actually owns is the one in Indonesia, I think.

The place in Bensalem is hq of Hoshino USA, the corporation which owns Ibanez. For the most part, Ibanez authorize other shops to act as repair centres: https://www.ibanez.com/usa/support/repair_centers/.
                      Originally posted by dominus
                      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
                      X