No announcement yet.

MiM Fender Statocaster with Fat 50s Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The newer Players Series Strats are a definite step up from the previous MIM offerings. Every one I've played at several stores has felt great. I wanted one of those but my budget and need yielded me to the Squier Classic Vibe 60's, which is no slouch either.
    Last edited by ErikH; 05-11-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Fat 50s are my favourite Fender strat pickups. My pal has an American Standard from around 2012 with them. They seem to be able to do all the strat tones, clean quacky and overdriven.

Comment

I am now the proud owner of a beautiful Classic Player 60s Strat! Bought second hand from someone who purchased it new in 2009 and kept it in the closet. It's in perfect condition and the custom shop 69 pickups on it sound amazing. I'm skeptical about putting in my Fat 50s now. Maybe in a couple of months.

Gave her a good clean up and put in some 11s. The neck is slightly thicker than the modern C neck which I like and, being a player of a Yamaha Pacifica and Ibanez AZ, I'm used to the 12" fretboard.

Really love this piece and looking forward to using her more!!

Comment

Congrats on the very cool Strat! If you have the SD 69 pickups, I'd consider leaving them in. They are among the best pickups Fender has ever put out. Certainly not cheap, either!
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Cool, delighted you're happy with it.

Comment

Outstanding, enjoy!
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Decided to keep the 69 pickups in after so many people recommended me to do so. So far I have to admit, they do sound spectacular. Struggling to understand whether they wereactually wired in the custom shop or in Mexico but, to be honest, I don't care.. they sound crystal clean, bright with nice round bottom and scream with some OD!

Comment

Originally posted by contiContiCONTI View Post
                  Decided to keep the 69 pickups in after so many people recommended me to do so. So far I have to admit, they do sound spectacular. Struggling to understand whether they wereactually wired in the custom shop or in Mexico but, to be honest, I don't care.. they sound crystal clean, bright with nice round bottom and scream with some OD!
                  Yeah, sounds like all we can hope for in a Strat's pickups. Enjoy!
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by contiContiCONTI View Post
                    Struggling to understand whether they wereactually wired in the custom shop or in Mexico but, to be honest, I don't care..
                    I'd imagine pickups made in the custom shop, put in the guitar in Mexico where the guitar was built. (As you mentioned it's a MIM strat.)

Comment

i dont think there were any mim strats coming with cs69 pups back then, i assume they were put in after it was purchased

Comment

Working...
                      X