Les Paul vs SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    The fact that people still buy them (they may even still be the #1 guitar year to year sometimes) and they are extraordinarily relevant even today makes the Tele even more incredible.

I think it just says a lot about how resistant to change guitarists tend to be. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I think it just says a lot about how resistant to change guitarists tend to be. :P
      ha. that's probably a lot of it also.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by PoorMan View Post
        I can go either way.
        It's been said

LOL

My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I have a lefty SG (no neckdive either), and I'd show pics, but I don't want to blind anyone.

Comment

SG for me - more comfortable and primo upper fret access (can't jive well with a LP's small, heavy body). I don't own one, sadly, but have played a couple - vintage and VOS ones felt/sounded nicest, and nice deep bevels. One thing I don't like so much about them is the bunched up controls and front mounted jack on most 2-3 pu models, but, eh, can't have it all.

Humbucker or P90, it's all good.
            Originally posted by dominus
            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

SGs look great, and upper fret access is far superior to a Les Paul. But they don't sound nearly as good. But I bet if you'd do the Robin thing and build an SG with the same wood thickness and mahogany/maple combo as a Les Paul, and moved the strap button to the upper horn, you'd a have a killer guitar on your hands.
              --------------------------------------------------------
              1973 Aria 551
              1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
              1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
              1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
              1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
              1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
              2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

There was a bloke on the LP forum who built one like that years ago. Looked pretty good.
                Originally posted by dominus
                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
                X