banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESP LTD '87 Series (What's Not To Like?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Definitely. My issue is that I am afraid to spend much on a used guitar, unless it is from a friend or a local store. That limits my options a lot, but I dont want to get a fake or something with hidden problems.
    The way I see it, wood is wood; IE, it's not something that will behave in a consistent way. I've bought guitars sight unseen and have been fine, and I've bought guitars from guys I know and have had issues with the guitars afterwards. When you're dealing with something that's alive (or used to be, in this case), nature...uh...finds a way.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
      So to reiterate, that LTD looks bad ass.
      Yes. Yes it does.

And there's a lefty version, which is a ****ing miracle.

Comment

Looks bad ass and the awe stops there.

It's perfect maybe as a display on your mancave or jamming room. But definitely not for shred. Really, no neck pickup? Shredding with bridge pickup sounds messy especially with regard to Yngwie-style sweep picking. Only neck pickup will do.

My RG3XXV will kick that LTD's butt back to 1987 for good. And it doesn't cost you 2 large either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13569043_1083467921708819_4405709984885088480_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=_wEu8eVil6EAX8SH1sb&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1.xx&oh=b97b228d0d8baa47174afc6444c430d1&oe=61BF612B.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	6130158

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post

Negative. Plenty of good, used, interesting guitars that don't give the Chicomms money and scratch my itch for new crap.
          Meanwhile people are snatching iPhones and Air Jordans from those Chicomms and don't care about politics. When did buying guitars get embroiled in geopolitical war? Come on...lol.

Comment

I consider myself fairly idealistic, and pretty devout in my principles, but I know I've handed plenty of scummy ass people money for guitars. Sold brake pads to a guy with a swastika tattooed on his hand today, too. With that, it's pretty tough to get upset that my Ibanez Paul Gilbert guitar is Chinese and cost about a grand, especially because it's so freaking sweet.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I've got the '87 Eclipse Custom (the Tele shaped one) it's a great guitar. Sounds good, plays good,, and fit and finish is excellent.
              sigpic
              Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post

Meanwhile people are snatching iPhones and Air Jordans from those Chicomms and don't care about politics. When did buying guitars get embroiled in geopolitical war? Come on...lol.
                Wanting to buy things that my neighbors built is geopolitics?

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                  I consider myself fairly idealistic, and pretty devout in my principles, but I know I've handed plenty of scummy ass people money for guitars. Sold brake pads to a guy with a swastika tattooed on his hand today, too. With that, it's pretty tough to get upset that my Ibanez Paul Gilbert guitar is Chinese and cost about a grand, especially because it's so freaking sweet.
                  How much of that money is getting into the hands of the people that built said guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                    This reminds me of a controversy surrounding the early performances of Bernard Shaw's play Major Barbara, where the Salvation Army was shown to be able to do their work because they accepted donations from war profiteers and spirit makers. In an ensuing controversy the playwrigth was accused of slandering the Army, which people believed would never have accepted such money, until one of their representatives confirmed that they would have taken money from Satan if they could give it to God.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post

How much of that money is getting into the hands of the people that built said guitar?
                      Not nearly enough.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                      X