No announcement yet.

Snakeskin Superstrat Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks sweet John, and it sounds as good as it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post

I actually mocked it up with some gold covers, but I thought it was just a little "too much". It would be cool to have a snakeskin suit....lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snake mock 07.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	6133493

You needed to be in full snake skin and boots regalia with matching cowboy hat and silver and turqouise jewelry with the proposed guitar to make a full and accurate assessment of the gold pickups.

it's the only way gold pickups reveal themselves.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        Alder Body - KnE Guitars

Body Covering - The Snake Pit on Facebook

Maple Neck - Warmoth

Pickups - Planet Tone Poundcake set

It sounds pretty damn good, plays fantastic, resonates like crazy, and is louder as hell unplugged.

I recorded this with my Fractal AX8. It's an Atomica High Amp Model with a stock G12T75 IR, and the Bass/Mid/Treble/Presence/Depth/Gain all on 7. The solo is with the neck pickup.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Completed Wall 02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	6133403
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Completed Body Wall 02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	6133404 Click image for larger version  Name:	Completed Body Wall 04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	6133405
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Completed Body Wall 03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	6133406
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Completed Body Wall 05.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	6133407
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Completed 07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	6133408
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Completed 11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.4 KB ID:	6133409
        That looks like the SD KNE body…? How do you like it. I’ve been thinking of ordering one along with a neck from him. Worth it or no?

Comment

That is awesome. Sound great too. Nicely done.

Comment

Looks great brother!
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

That looks like the SD KNE body…? How do you like it. I’ve been thinking of ordering one along with a neck from him. Worth it or no?
              That's exactly what it is. I have no complaints whatsoever. It resonates like crazy. I think with shipping It was right at $150, which is a heck of a deal. He recently went up $25 because of wood prices, but even at $175, it's still a great price, in my opinion.

Comment

Enjoyed the clips way to go

Comment

Looks great JJ. Whatever happened to the 2 (I think) explorer or V types you were assembling? I recall one being an awesome purple finish.

Comment

⁴What does it feel like man? Is it like vinyl?

It looks really cool, I wish they had more snakeskin patterns, like certain pythons & rattlers. . Maybe even some lizards.
                    Last edited by solspirit; 12-07-2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Holy mother of ****ing slither!

What is really irritating here - is that not only is that so bad@$$ looking that if you never played a note, it would intimidate the hell out of other guitarists, but that Jolly can play as good as it looks!
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                        Looks great JJ. Whatever happened to the 2 (I think) explorer or V types you were assembling? I recall one being an awesome purple finish.
                        They were Icemen. They Icemaned us. Don't ask - let it go. Sad story is sad....
                        Last edited by Aceman; 12-07-2021, 02:39 PM.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

They were Icemen. They Icemaned us. Don't ask - let it go. Sad story is sad....
                          ah yeah, thanks Ace… well and truly Icemaned! Ha ha…. Such a shame

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                            The Icemen like Aceman said. I didn't know what I was doing as far as finishing them. I still have the blue one. I think I got drunk and stepped on the purple one and broke it....lol

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                              ⁴What does it feel like man? Is it like vinyl?

It looks really cool, I wish they had more snakeskin patterns, like certain pythons & rattlers. . Maybe even some lizards.
                              It feels like tolex. I think that's pretty much what it is. Check out that Facebook link I posted. There are some pretty cool patterns on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                                Holy mother of ****ing slither!

What is really irritating here - is that not only is that so bad@$$ looking that if you never played a note, it would intimidate the hell out of other guitarists, but that Jolly can play as good as it looks!
                                Lol......thanks, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X