• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philthis View Post
    Enjoyed the clips way to go
    Thanks, man!!

Comment

John, First, awesome axe! Im sure glad you went open coils. Second, awesome tune! Id NEVER heard of poundcake pups before... Guessing someone going after an EVH thing.
      Last edited by BloodRose; 12-27-2021, 02:52 PM.
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        John, First, awesome axe! Im sure glad you went open coils. Second, awesome tune! Id NEVER heard of poundcake pups before... Guessing someone going after an EVH thing.
        Thanks, I appreciate it!!

Comment

John Jolly still knocking it out of the park! Love it brother!
          https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Beautiful guitar. I'm confident you already have the boots to match it!
            "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
              John Jolly still knocking it out of the park! Love it brother!
              Thanks, Steve!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
                Beautiful guitar. I'm confident you already have the boots to match it!
                Thanks!! Where have you been hiding?

Comment

So - the recording obviously sounded great (or maybe that's just you). But inquiring minds want to know:

Does the skin/tolex crap affect the sound of the guitar? I would think so...but for no reason. Kind of like the whole Poly vs Lacquer argument - except this is pretty extreme.

Did you have to extreme EQ or anything, missing highs, muddy, etc? Or is it just another Strat - albeit a very cool one?
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post

Thanks!! Where have you been hiding?
                    Not sure why I stopped posting on here for years. Must have been caught up in life. Recently realized I missed this community, so here I am.

Weird to see Ace so obsessed with Teles but I love it.
                    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post

Not sure why I stopped posting on here for years. Must have been caught up in life. Recently realized I missed this community, so here I am.

Weird to see Ace so obsessed with Teles but I love it.
                      You do not "love" a Tele. You become the Tele.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

You do not "love" a Tele. You become the Tele.
                        Another proverb by the Tele Lama.

Comment

I don't normally like snakeskin, but that's very tastefully done. Nice.

Comment

I like that it doesn't have the green hue of normal snakeskin patterns.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              So - the recording obviously sounded great (or maybe that's just you). But inquiring minds want to know:

Does the skin/tolex crap affect the sound of the guitar? I would think so...but for no reason. Kind of like the whole Poly vs Lacquer argument - except this is pretty extreme.

Did you have to extreme EQ or anything, missing highs, muddy, etc? Or is it just another Strat - albeit a very cool one?
                              I'm sure it affects it somehow, but probably less than any poly/nitro paint job. It's pretty thin, and it's just the tolex and some glue. It's one of the loudest and most resonant guitars that I own. As far as EQing it, I just put bass, mid, treble, presence, and resonance all on 7.
                              Last edited by JOLLY; 01-04-2022, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                                I just put bass, mid, treble, presence, and resonance all on 7.
                                That what you always do. I hate you.

Comment

Working...
                                X