banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I forsake all guitars except the Telecaster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried Teles. Twice I owned a variation. Once I spent an afternoon in a shop trying out every Tele they had, from Squier to US Fender. I just can't make them work for me.
    I'm pretty sure this is a personal failing on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

So the forearm contour on a strat is for fat forearms? Body contours have nothing to do with body type. They have to do with being comfortable. I personally prefer thick slab tele's with no contours and I am a thin person but I have teles that have contours (same with Les Paul types, Double cut types, etc and I can't think of one that isn't more comfortable to play over its non contoured counterpart.) On the flip side, I will say that I think a tele is a unique guitar feel wise and jumping to a tele if you are used to playing other guitars can feel very different. In those cases especially, I feel a contoured body tele is more familiar than the slab tele body.
      Yeah, B, I'm making as much of a joke as anything serious Brosef

-but it is true, a low slung Tele will face away and down from an artist will a protuberous belly.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post

Negative. I don't think I'd show up to a jazz gig with a Mick Mars tele.

Holdsworth (and a few other fusion cats) made it work for them with very similar guitars, although I'd agree that neiher guitar is a typical jazz axe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post

Holdsworth (and a few other fusion cats) made it work for them with very similar guitars, although I'd agree that neiher guitar is a typical jazz axe.
          I've sat in with jazz quartets and trios, and I've gotten weird looks if I show up with the thinline tele or thr Les Paul, but the tones are appropriate when playing standards. As much as I like Holdsworth, I don't think I can pull of his quasi-keyboard tones myself.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post

Man, his thing is really his own, isn't it?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
              Amazing! How did he do all that with those weak single-coil pickups, 21 frets, primitive electronics, 70-year-old bridge design, and heavy ash body?

So every single-cut guitar thats not based on an LP or ES is automatically a Telecaster? The effects of the body shape in that one spot above the neck override everything else and determine which guitars sound and play like Teles and which ones dont? Im not buying it.
              It's a joke dude, a joke... Are you actually not getting it or playing along?

Anyway, yes to Tele. I used to hate its shape until I got a Schecter PT on impulse. The secret is not the shape indeed, it's the ash tray and brass saddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                Lol, my sarcasm/joking sensors have been off lately.
                You need contours...lol:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc03041.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	6139147

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  So, I plugged my Telecaster into my Cube, set it for a light / bright break up, put a touch of reverb on, and played the intro to Lonely Is The Night by Billy Squier.

I understand everything now. Les Pauls, Stratocasters, Superstar's, V's, Cadillacs be damned. All garbage.

There is nothing so pure, so perfect, so simple, so righteous, as a Telecaster.

Last edited by SlyFoxx; 01-02-2022, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

a low slung Tele will face away and down from an artist will a protuberous belly.
                    What ******* plays a low slung guitar at the bottom of their belly? That is a poser who got it wrong. Only a n00b would play their guitar slightly above the knee while standing. If you are on the "bulky" side I doubt a simple body contour on a guitar is going to truly solve the problem.
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

What ******* plays a low slung guitar at the bottom of their belly? That is a poser who got it wrong. Only a n00b would play their guitar slightly above the knee while standing. If you are on the "bulky" side I doubt a simple body contour on a guitar is going to truly solve the problem.
                      A lot of chubby posers out there apparently!
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Name:	a007a3ee3c90b73159b9a768cf966f91.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	6139197.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Name:	slash+(1).jpg
Views:	115
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	6139200.

Comment

Name:	Keith-Richards-stage-support-victims-Hurricane-Sandy.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	6139202

Comment

Name:	joe-perry.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	6139205

Comment

Name:	9ce11f32eb1241323cd87d8e06d8216c--s-music-def-leppard.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	6139207

Comment

Working...
                                X