Another new Tele!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
    Sweet Tele PTM! How do the Nocaster pickups sound?

Remove the pickguard to access the mounting screws?
    This exactly. Standard for body mount Tele neck pickup. The benefit of being body mount vs pickguard mount (modern style) is that when you have a heel side truss rod nut you can take the pick guard off to do a truss rod adjustment without having to take the neck off.

Nocaster sound good! I have to admit my favourite Tele pickup set is actually the American Vintage/Pure Vintage '64's. But... I can't put those into every Tele I have so I have the Nocasters here. The bridge in particular is very barky in the mids. Really pushes through a mix without having to be loud.
    -
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
      Sweet Tele PTM! How do the Nocaster pickups sound?

Remove the pickguard to access the mounting screws?
      yes, i was joking.

Comment

Sweet! Love that "cracking" in the paint. (I wonder how they do that?)

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          Sweet! Love that "cracking" in the paint. (I wonder how they do that?)
          Cold -> Heat. Basically nitro finishes aren't very flexible. Cold causes the wood to contract and the wood and finish contract at different rates. So if you take a guitar and leave it in the extreme cold for a while and then suddenly move it into a warm indoor environment the sudden contraction of the finish can cause this cracking - or "checking". This is pretty common in regions with cold winters. Basically you have to be careful about how long your guitars are in the cold and then you can't open the case for several hours because they need time for the temperature to come up gradually.

For things like these I imagine they'd put the body in some sort of freezer for several hours and then take it out suddenly.
          -
          My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
            I know Ace is the resident Tele slinger round here but I thought I'd share my latest creation.
            And all this time I thought that YOU were the resident Tele guy.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Cold -> Heat. Basically nitro finishes aren't very flexible. Cold causes the wood to contract and the wood and finish contract at different rates. So if you take a guitar and leave it in the extreme cold for a while and then suddenly move it into a warm indoor environment the sudden contraction of the finish can cause this cracking - or "checking".
              Actually, just the opposite. The warm environment causes expansion not contraction and the warmth causes the finish to be a little softer/more flexible. Going from a warm environment into a very cold environment causes the finish to become more brittle and to contract quicker than the wood which causes the finish to crack. But going back and forth several times is the key to creating a lot of checking.

I love the color and that the body has the belly cut and the forearm relief. All Teles should be made this way...way more comfortable to play than the typical slab.

Teles were originally designed as a slab because they were quick and cheap to make. When Leo designed the Strat, it was really an upgrade to the Tele in every respect. He really did it right with the Strat, which, after nearly 70 years, still remains basically the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                love it! how are you ever going to adjust the neck pup though?!?! if it sounds half as good as it looks, ya got a winner
                I always drill two very small holes through the pick guard just above the neck pup height adjusting screws. Surprisingly, the holes don't show but they allow me to adjust the neck pup without having to remove the guard. When you think about that, that was one of Leo's worst design flaws ever.

Comment

i always leave the guard off till i get the neck pup where i want it so it isnt really an issue. we were joking about this in another thread recently so i was just being a smartass

Comment

"checking"
                    Thank you. That's the word I was looking for.

Comment

Well this is the last straw, in a good way! I love my Bullet S-3 neck, which is a true '81 Tele neck with a different decal. I love the '72 Tele Deluxe neck on my mutt Lead II. I love the look of all these Tele's I'm seeing on here lately.

2022's purchase is going to be a Tele!!!

I just need to find a finish that looks as killer as what I've been seeing!
                      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Working...
                      X