Tremol-no incoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    If it doesn’t work will you consider a tremsetter?

Upon googling it appears the device I’m thinking of is the Trem-Endus.
    No. Both of these guitars have trems that will do all the Floyd tricks, and I’m not interested in anything that changes how they feel. If the Tremol-No doesn’t work, it’s back to plan A, and dedicating one to each tuning.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

No. Both of these guitars have trems that will do all the Floyd tricks, and I’m not interested in anything that changes how they feel. If the Tremol-No doesn’t work, it’s back to plan A, and dedicating one to each tuning.
      Is that the 6 screw PRS trem?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Is that the 6 screw PRS trem?
        Yes. Same one they’ve used on all the Core models for forever. Previous owner put Graphtec saddles on it.

Installed the Tremol-No. First impressions are good. I like the beefed up claw, and installation couldn’t have been easier. I moved the down-only block back, put the guitar in drop C as it’s normal tuning, and so far so good. Next string change, I’m probably gonna put a little anti siege on the rod, on the side that doesn’t contact the thumb screws.

My expectation for it is to be like it’s not there most of the time, but hold the arm in place on the occasions I want D standard. At the moment, with it unlocked, the bar doesn’t feel any different. Still flutters and does all the wiggly tricks. I’m gonna give it hell for a month or so, and if it’s still doing what I want, get another for my JP6.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
        X