• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dremel em so they don't protrude.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

As stated above, these were never designed to be seen. They were made of cheap metal, and supposed to be covered. I think 70 years later, we've certainly built a better mousetrap with today's players in mind.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
        I don't get why they didn't put the adjustment screws like in the Highwood ones feeding from the bottom so it doesn't chop your hand
        this design is almost 70 years old right, and has since been improved 10x. The only reason it still exists is people want the old style.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Right, and heavy strumming can really cut into your hands, too.
          For this reason and others, I have the Babicz bridges on all of my Fenders. The Fender bridges are like cheese graters, the vintage Telecaster bridges being the worse.

Last edited by Securb; 02-09-2022, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Love those Babicz bridges, but they cost 10 times what a Fender Strat bridge costs. (OK, that was a small exaggeration).
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              Love those Babicz bridges, but they cost 10 times what a Fender Strat bridge costs. (OK, that was a small exaggeration).
              They released a zinc line which is more affordable a couple of years ago.
              Last edited by Securb; 02-09-2022, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Yep. Complete trash. That’s why nobody ever uses them anymore, ever.

Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

For this reason and others, I have the Babicz bridges on all of my Fenders. The Fender bridges are like cheese graters, the vintage Telecaster bridges being the worse.

Those are beautiful. I use a Super Vee Bladerunner with Graph Tech saddles.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Babicz makes good stuff, I just hate seeing the name all over it.
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                      Babicz makes good stuff, I just hate seeing the name all over it.
                      The "B" on my bridge is just beginning to fade from normal wear and tear. I am sure with a bit of rubbing compound or toothpaste the name could be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Remind me of the difference between bent saddles and stamped?
                        I meant to say blocked. When block saddles are made, they are stamped out with a mold.

I find bent saddles to have more character and more snap.

Comment

Hey things wear out, the bridge is probably thee most essential components of a guitar why settle for sub-par.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Yeah. No wonder nobody ever made any decent music on those things.
                            I bought a pair for nostalgia Reasons but I never put them on because they're so cheesy looking

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                              Hey things wear out, the bridge is probably thee most essential components of a guitar why settle for sub-par.
                              Heresy!

It’s the pickups! Save that for the Guitar Bridge User Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

Heresy!

It’s the pickups! Save that for the Guitar Bridge User Forum!
                                Straps!

Comment

Working...
                                X