Fender stamped metal bridge saddles are Crap=O=la

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Am i right ? Nothing but a PITA. I'm sure they were great in 1954.
    I also cannot stand them. I replace them by a Gotoh 510 bridge on a Strat copy and ordered an Hipshot narrow bridge last week for my MIM Fender (the adjustment screws were too uncomfortable for my right hand on this one).

Comment

I have a Gotoh vintage style bridge that is near 30 years old on my #1 frankenstrat. Never had a problem once with it. I couldn't find one in the same string spacing as the Classic Vibe stock bridge (screw spacing) so had to go with the MIM Standard bridge, which is still a good upgrade.

Comment

Well part of my issue here is with the .011 to .056 medium gauge strings although ive not really had any issues like this with any other guitars but most are Floyd Rose or Schaller double locking trem.
        I have had other Stratocasters a 62 RI made in Japan Fender and 2 other Fender Strats one had Graph-tech saddle which were excellent.
        These saddles have seen better days and the low E height is maxed out and needs to go a little higher to kill string buzz.
        Hoping the Brass saddles take care of this.

Comment

Brass saddles be here Monday, they don't call it "snail mail" for nothing.
          I've had to do some damage control on 2 of the old saddles as the pegs had collased or something.
          Looks as tho maybe someone before me had ground down the pegs to make them shorter i guess so they don't poke your hand which with my medium gauge strings won't let me set the correct saddle height high enough.
          Anyway going to make some noise.

Comment

Does sound good tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

Heresy!

It’s the pickups! Save that for the Guitar Bridge User Forum!
              The 'Electric' Guitar Bridge User Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                I ****ing hated the saddle height adjustment screws on my 2020 American Original 50s Tele until the local tech ground down the bottoms of all twelve for me.

This is the only cure but it's a pain in the ass and not worth it in my opinion.

Comment

OMG what a difference $26 bucks of machined Brass makes.

Comment

what do you notice for a difference?

Comment

Those look like the saddles on my 1982 'The Strat'.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        what do you notice for a difference?
                        More brilliance tone wise and sustain/sustain/sustain.
                        Not to mention ease & precise saddle height adjustment down to the millimeter.
                        Uniform string height.
                        Because the old saddle allen pegs were ground off crooked and not flat it was a crappy vibe transfer and could not adjust worth af.

Comment

very nice. whered ya get em? i looked back but didnt see anything, totally coulda missed it. i got a bridge that needs new saddles

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Brass saddles be here Monday, they don't call it "snail mail" for nothing.
                            Which ones did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had a guitar with bent "vintage" saddles; replaced them with solid "block" saddles. But the guitar didn't sound the same way; and also the strings would bend differently. :o

took alot of the "strattiness" out of it IMO.
                              If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I had a lot of problems with rusty strat saddles (not my sweat, I bought these guitars used). I cleaned the saddles and bought new stainless steel insert screws.
                                I also once bought brass block saddles, but I did not like the tone with single coil pickups (was quite acceptable with humbucker though). I tried also steel block saddles and they were quite good and straty sounding.
                                My 0.02 ct
                                @blille: thank you for the Highwood hint. Looks like they will be in my next strat.
                                Last edited by hamerfan; 02-16-2022, 05:19 AM.
                                I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
                                X