Steve Vai's Green Meanie Charvel ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Vai's Green Meanie Charvel ...

Actually Grover Jackson's Charvel he loaned to Steve and never got back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2c8d49ce75c94f6876f085691029650a.jpg
Views:	4138
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	6152874

Comment

Kind of wild how he really took the Superstrat to the next level then said “Here Ibanez, this is going to be a major element in your lineup for the next 35 years”.

Cool link with the pics of progressive modifications.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Nice leg warmers!

Comment

Kind of wild how he really took the Superstrat to the next level then said Here Ibanez, this is going to be a major element in your lineup for the next 35 years
          That is NOT what happened. Ibanez approached Steve (because he was the next hot thing) and asked, "What can we build for you?". The rest is history.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Steve Vai is a master modder (skip to 14:50)

Comment

^^^That's great Steve hacked it so that if dude bumps the horns very hard they will probably snap right off. Sweet revenge!

Comment

DiMarzio did a feature on the Green Meanie not that long ago: https://www.vai.com/dimarzio-the-green-meanie/.
                Originally posted by dominus
                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                  Steve Vai is a master modder (skip to 14:50)

What a jerk ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [not Vai]

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

That is NOT what happened. Ibanez approached Steve (because he was the next hot thing) and asked, "What can we build for you?". The rest is history.
                    Good God, man....Don't take everything so f'n literal. You read waaaaaaay too much into what PFDarkside said.

Comment

Good God, man....Don't take everything so f'n literal. You read waaaaaaay too much into what PFDarkside said.
                      That's NOT what he said, was it? There are people out who would think that his lie is the truth. Best to nip it in the bud.
                      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

That's NOT what he said, was it? There are people out who would think that his lie is the truth. Best to nip it in the bud.
                        My god, think of the fallout from someone believing that Steve Vai literally said “Here you go Ibanez” when in fact they approached him.

I’m glad I read the REAL story only moments later. The one where Ibanez approached Steve, asked what he wanted, and his choices formed the basis of their best selling guitars. Because that’s totally different.
                        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Lol. . .

Comment

I'm really glad Vai approached Ibanez. . . The Jem is beautiful.

Comment

The truth is the meanie was a1980 Strat in natural his mom bought. I am not making this up. This guitar was the one he extensively used in Zappa band.

If it had been a Charvel from Grover Jackson Steve woulda gone with Jackson not Ibanez. That would've make more sense. At that time MIJ guitars were second-class citizens just like MII or MIC today.

Comment

Working...
                              X