Ibanez goes ultra fancy – Hoshino USA 50th anniversary limiteds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Hopefully some of these designs will 'trickle down' to less expensive models.
    In a rounda-bout kinda way, they already do. My two favorites on that site, (the LACS-18 and LACS-19), I already own the "cheap" versions. The Squier Vintage Modified "Surf" Strat, which even had the Duncan, (albiet, Duncan Designed), Lipstick Tubes. And my Vantage, which I acquired with Dimarzio's. Close enough for me.

But . . . to get back on topic . . . some beautiful eye candy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Squier_Vantage.png
Views:	146
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	6154027

Comment

I'd like to see a reissue of the 540 Radius, or the Maxxas.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They made the Maxxas for less than a year.... Believe it or not, that's the guitar Ibanez first showed to Vai to get him interested in the company. He hated the trem, and since it was semi-hollow it tended to feedback at his volume.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

^^ It's definitely in the ugly cool category. There aren't any decent pics of it out there, but looks like it has an OFR and a Proline neck, maybe. Interestingly, and kinda related to this thread, is that the Maxxas was a Hoshino USA design.

They should do a limited recreation for all those with crazy money .

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I'd like to see a reissue of the 540 Radius, or the Maxxas.
          Fully agree. Perhaps one reason the Radius has gone to the wayside is because of the JS. Still, like a Genesis reissue would be sweet.

Re. Maxxas, there would have to be a magma burst.
          Originally posted by dominus
          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

^Yeah, that looks amazing. I would've loved that in the 80s.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I would love to see an all original Maxxas. The store my shop used to be in never ordered any.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
              X