Favorite strings for Floyd Rose guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite strings for Floyd Rose guitars

What strings and what gauge do you like on your Floyd Rose equipped guitars?

My favorites are Ernie Ball Super Slinkys 9-42 or D Addario 9-42. I used to use 10s, but switched to 9s a few years back.

For the two Floyd Rose - equipped guitars I own, (Hamer Custom Chapparal & Jackson DKNY): GHS Boomers .009's.

Comment

I have three guitars with Floyds. They are all running 10-52s. I had just regular 10s on them before, but found I really like the extra tension on the lower strings.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

On my only Floyd Rose equipped guitar, I'll use either 9-42 or 10-46. Ernie Ball Slinky's. Rock-n-Roll Slinky's if I can get them.

Comment

In before Mincer mentions double ball end!

I use Elixirs for all my electrics now, usually Optiweb 10-52 or 9-46.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            In before Mincer mentions double ball end!

I use Elixirs for all my electrics now, usually Optiweb 10-52 or 9-46.
            Haha, only on Steinberger TransTrems.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

DR Tite Fit 11-50
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Turbo Slinky (9.5-46) for Eb

Ultra Slinky (10-48) for D std

Customized Boomers and Balls (10.5/14/20w/30/40/52) for C# std

Comment

I use the normal set I use for my other guitars (Daddario balanced 10s) but I have a set of SIT Super Hook as back up in case a string breaks to make the change easier.

S I T Strings Electric Guitar Nickel Power Wound Super Hooks Light, .010-.046, S1046FR SIT_S1046FR Super Hooks S I T Strings S1046FR

Of course, I haven’t broken a string in probably 10 years. But that’s just because I have backup strings. It’s how the world works.

Comment

I'd use 09's for standard tuning; on a FR guitar.

My Ibanez RG270DX, that I got when I was 13. I strung with 0,11 blue steels. . It was such a traumatic experience, fitting those strings on the guitar for the first time.

Turned me off tremolo bridges until just recently. These days, I'd like to have a superstrat, with 09s- for some delicate tremiolo work .

If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

D’Addario NYXL hold up to a lot of abuse.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                        D’Addario NYXL hold up to a lot of abuse.
                        never tried these, but saw them last time I was in the city.

Could you shortly describe, any advantages over the regular ones?

thanks,
                        -Erl ♪
                        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Beautiful!! :o

Mine was dark blue metallic. Loved it for many reasons; but couldn't live with the tremolo. I bend and use various vibratos alot, and never use the arm. and the neck profile... opposite of what I like: (fat, C-shaped ones with smaller frets).

The 22.8K Powersound bridge pup was/is a classic tho!! . I remember the neck HB to be unuseably muddy, and the middle SC to have like, 1/4 the output. hehe.

I wish I still had the RG; (aswell as every guitar and gear I ever owned). Oh well.

Comment

I use .09 Boomers on everything, I will pick up Ernie Ball or DAddario Xls if they are on sale. I buy my strings in 10 packs, I will grab something other than Boomers if they are good strings and priced right.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Your favorite Steinberger also uses these quality double ball-end strings.

Haha, not that one. My current one is a hard tail. I can use single ball strings, too.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X