• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Optima Gold
    I'd forgotten all about those strings.

Comment

Floyd or no Floyd I’m an Ernie Ball slinky man.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

12 pack of GHS Boomer 9's for $4.72 each (use "shamrock" as checkout code)
        GHS Boomers Electric Guitar Strings - 12 Pack GBXL-12P Extra Light 9-42 - GHS Boomers 12 Pack Roundwound Nickel-Plated Steel Extra Light GBXL - 9-11-16-24-32-42 Light GBL - 10-13-17-26-36-46 Medium GBM - 11-15-18-26-36-50 Roundwound nickel-plated steel delivers passion, power and performance. The dynamite alloy Boomers continue to be the standard to play by. The bright, long-lasting tone continues to be THE POWER STRING. GHS has made the highest quality strings since 1964. The choice of numerous guitar greats. Hermetically sealed package for optimum freshness! This item ships as 2 x GHS Boomers 6 packs.

DR Dimebag 9s (9-42, 9-46 and 9-50 signature) $6.61 each (same deal as above)
        DR Hi-Voltage Dimebag Darrell Signature Electric Guitar Strings DBG-9 Lite 9-42 - Nickel-Plated Steel on Hex Cores...Treated with Long-Life Ive been playin the strings of strength since 1995. I like the way DR Strings feel and react, you can really get a grip on them. Theyre great for everything, from big ol string bends, to huge whammy bar dives, perfect for blood curdling harmonic screams and just straight out heavy chunky riffin. They also stay in perfect tune and remain fresh and bright for an amazingly long time. Gauges: DBG-9 Lite - 9-11-16-24-32-42 DBG-9/46 Lite-Heavy 9-11-16-26-36-46 DBG-9/50 Signature - 9-11-16-28-38-50 DBG-10 Medium - 10-13-17-26-36-46 DBG-10/52 Medium / Heavy - 10-13-17-30-44-52 DBG-11 Heavy - 11-14-18-28-38-50

PSA - I'm not affiliated at all, I just buy my stuff there and get the coupon codes in the email.
        Thanks, man the code worked. I got the discount and free 2-4 day shipping.

Comment

These on 25.5" scale guitars. Don't have any shorter scale floyd guitars.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            I'd forgotten all about those strings.
            They're brighter than many others. I like Optimas with A2 pickups (have a Custom Custom in my Jackson). A2 gives me the mid-chime I need for chords and solos, and Optimas add back in some brightness/clarity on the top.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
              D’Addario NYXL hold up to a lot of abuse.
              Amen brother, 9-46 for me, used to use Hybrid Slinky but I tried the NYXLs and have been on em ever since, great feeling and sound.
              Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
              Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
              Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
              Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
                GHS Boomers .009's.
                Always GHS Boomers.

I go for 9-46 as my favorite. But I'll use 9-42 or 10-46 if drop tuning in a pinch.

Comment

Now that I switched my Floyd Special to a Sophia term I have 7 guitars with trems and no FR tremolos.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    Now that I switched my Floyd Special to a Sophia term I have 7 guitars with trems and no FR tremolos.
                    How have you been getting on with the Sophia now that you’ve had a chance to wiggle it, just a little bit?
                    Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      The Sophia gets great reviews.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Wow I have totally missed knowing about the Sophia. That might be the perfect swap down the road for my rgt that has the cheapy edge2.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                          Wow I have totally missed knowing about the Sophia. That might be the perfect swap down the road for my rgt that has the cheapy edge2.
                          They aren’t cheap but they look like they are built like a tank.

Comment

How do you all manage playing 9's without snapping them?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

How have you been getting on with the Sophia now that you’ve had a chance to wiggle it, just a little bit?
                              Lol
                              I freaking love it. It is definitely an upgrade over the Floyd Special. Solid tone, sustain is unbelievable and the action is amazing. I would say it is 90% there, I need to make some minor tweaks to get it 100% dialed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                                How do you all manage playing 9's without snapping them?

It is all in the fingers

Comment

Working...
                                X