Favorite strings for Floyd Rose guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post

never tried these, but saw them last time I was in the city.

Could you shortly describe, any advantages over the regular ones?

thanks,
    -Erl ♪
    The low F# and B strings on my 8 last a lot longer. I tend to tune that guitar all over the place, and swap between a couple sets of pickups (EMG and Fluence, so they swap quick), and they survive a lot more constant tension changes.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Ernie Balls on everything.
      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        I have three guitars with Floyds. They are all running 10-52s. I had just regular 10s on them before, but found I really like the extra tension on the lower strings.
        I found the larger gauge strings usually require a fourth spring which really changes the feeling of the trem.

Comment

D'addario EXL 9-42's. (10's on shorter scale guitars) Nothing like them...
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

I found the larger gauge strings usually require a fourth spring which really changes the feeling of the trem.
            I have a guitar with 5 springs, 10-52 in E standard. It’s not a Floyd but the stiffer feel is great.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

Same string gauges, but I've got three springs, four springs, and five springs in my three floyded guitars. The trem feels different on each of them, but I get used to it pretty quickly when switching guitars.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

D’Addario 9-42 or 10-46 on all of my guitars.

Comment

Boomer 9s usually.

Optima Gold 9s right now on my Jackson

But I don't choose strings because of the Floyd. I choose ones that make the sound and have the feel I need at that time.

Comment

I have two up and running, and several in the making. I run Fender pure nickel .009-.042s on them. If they were still around, I'd use the old .009-.040 sets, which were a bit harder to play but had a nicer sonic balance to my ears - alas, they are long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

The low F# and B strings on my 8 last a lot longer. I tend to tune that guitar all over the place, and swap between a couple sets of pickups (EMG and Fluence, so they swap quick), and they survive a lot more constant tension changes.
                      Thanks

I might have to try a set or two.
                      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I rotate between Ernie Ball Super Slinky 9-42 and Super Slinky RnR's. That's for E standard, Drop D and E flat.

Comment

I need to buy a box soon if anyone sees a good special on strings (.09) please let me know.

Comment

If I haven't said it already, Dunlop Heavy Core 10-48.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

They should just sell strings on spools for FR guitars.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                                I need to buy a box soon if anyone sees a good special on strings (.09) please let me know.
                                12 pack of GHS Boomer 9's for $4.72 each (use "shamrock" as checkout code)
                                GHS Boomers Electric Guitar Strings - 12 Pack GBXL-12P Extra Light 9-42 - GHS Boomers 12 Pack Roundwound Nickel-Plated Steel Extra Light GBXL - 9-11-16-24-32-42 Light GBL - 10-13-17-26-36-46 Medium GBM - 11-15-18-26-36-50 Roundwound nickel-plated steel delivers passion, power and performance. The dynamite alloy Boomers continue to be the standard to play by. The bright, long-lasting tone continues to be THE POWER STRING. GHS has made the highest quality strings since 1964. The choice of numerous guitar greats. Hermetically sealed package for optimum freshness! This item ships as 2 x GHS Boomers 6 packs.

DR Dimebag 9s (9-42, 9-46 and 9-50 signature) $6.61 each (same deal as above)
                                DR Hi-Voltage Dimebag Darrell Signature Electric Guitar Strings DBG-9 Lite 9-42 - Nickel-Plated Steel on Hex Cores...Treated with Long-Life Ive been playin the strings of strength since 1995. I like the way DR Strings feel and react, you can really get a grip on them. Theyre great for everything, from big ol string bends, to huge whammy bar dives, perfect for blood curdling harmonic screams and just straight out heavy chunky riffin. They also stay in perfect tune and remain fresh and bright for an amazingly long time. Gauges: DBG-9 Lite - 9-11-16-24-32-42 DBG-9/46 Lite-Heavy 9-11-16-26-36-46 DBG-9/50 Signature - 9-11-16-28-38-50 DBG-10 Medium - 10-13-17-26-36-46 DBG-10/52 Medium / Heavy - 10-13-17-30-44-52 DBG-11 Heavy - 11-14-18-28-38-50

PSA - I'm not affiliated at all, I just buy my stuff there and get the coupon codes in the email.

Comment

Working...
                                X