No announcement yet.

Tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Korg Pitchblack pedal that I really dig. It’s accurate and has a BIG display for my crappy eyes.

Comment

I have an older Guyatone pedal tuner which is the only pedal that is still visible in direct Florida sunlight.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I really like the blue Snark tuner. Its accurate and the battery lasts a long time. I always remove it as soon as I am done so it won't damage any of my headstocks. Before that I was using an old Korg that was made in the 90s that you plug into. The Korg still works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I have an older Guyatone pedal tuner which is the only pedal that is still visible in direct Florida sunlight.
          Hate to do this to you but once again you need an H9 you can tune by the LEDs in the display or the LEDs around the selector ring.

Comment

I used a Snark for a long time, but I've moved up to a TC Electronic Polytune. It suits my needs nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Hate to do this to you but once again you need an H9 you can tune by the LEDs in the display or the LEDs around the selector ring.

I'd have to see if I can see the display in brutal sunlight we have here. And, it is a lot of money for a tuner.

Comment

I’m waiting for the Strymon Tuner. Until then I’d rather play out of tune than tuning with a plebeian Snark.

Comment

Peterson Strobe clip on tuner and Strobostomp stomp box classic.

Comment

Also, I would like to add APTuner for iOS on my phone. It is accurate within 1/10th of a cent, perfect for intonation. I use it when teaching all the time.

Comment

I use a TC Polytune on my "pedal" pedalboard, or the built in tuner in the GT-1000 when I'm using that. I have a Peterson clip on tuner for around the house and setting intonation, supposed to be as accurate as the pedal and desktop Peterson tuners (+/- 0.1 cent), it was expensive for a clip on, but cheaper than the pedal and desktop versions.

Comment

I recently gave a Yoyo tuner to my uncle. It was for sale for 99nkr (10 dollars).

Going to get a dedicated tuner; for the "tuner out" of my amp. But something a bit easier to read.

Or- I'm getting a quality A440 tuning fork. It actually gets picked up by the pickups!

-E
                        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          On my acoustics, I like the D'Addario soundhole tuner. It is accurate and invisible to the audience. I don't dig the giant tuner clamped to the headstock, especially at a live show.
                          I love those, I have one in my J45 and had another one in my D18 before I sold it.

For electric, I usually use the on board one in my Kemper when playing through that. I use a polytune clip when I'm upstairs and everything gets tuned with my Korg rack tuner when recording.

Comment

I have a Korg clip on tuner but the battery ran out so I've just been using the DaTuner app on my phone for a few years, until recently when the ads on it became ridiculous so I've switched to the Fender tuner app which works fine.
                            Put a new battery in the clip on tuner last night and tried to use it to tune my Les Paul and it just wouldn't work properly, despite the fact that Les Paul resonates acoustically really, really loud compared to most electrics.
                            If I was gigging I'd stick with a pedal.
                            My website - https://stevenamckay.com/

My gear - Gibson- Les Pauls - 2 x Classic (sunburst and ebony), Slash Standard, DC Special Tribute, SG Standard, Explorer, Flying V. 1980 Hamer Sunburst.
                            MIM Fender Strat. MIK Squier Tele. Jackson JDR94, Kelly, Concert Bass. Fender acoustic. Mandolin.
                            Spark Mini, Marshall DSL20HR, 1912.

Comment

I use D’Addario Eclipse clip ons, the clipless Micros, their pedal tuner, the sound hole tuner on acoustic, onboard tuners on various plug ins and amp sims, and the PolyTune app on my iPhone.

They all work really well and are accurate enough that I can use them interchangeably on guitars with floating trems without issue.
                              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                              X