Name:	IMG_0151.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	6166071 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0235-2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	6166072
    I like it much better than a strat bridge pickup.

Comment

A Tele was never my thing *because* of the pickups and the bridge (and the weirdo control plate). But other people make it sound great.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        A Tele was never my thing *because* of the pickups and the bridge (and the weirdo control plate). But other people make it sound great.
        Speaking of which . . . it was only a couple hours ago that I watched this video. This guy has some pretty good licks.

Comment

Hmmmm... So if my Tele has a six saddle bridge, a belly cut, 12" radius fretboard, but traditional Telecaster single coil pickups, is it still a Telecaster? It sounds like a Telecaster to me, but now I am curious.
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
            Hmmmm... So if my Tele has a six saddle bridge, a belly cut, 12" radius fretboard, but traditional Telecaster single coil pickups, is it still a Telecaster? It sounds like a Telecaster to me, but now I am curious.
            Since Fender makes them that way now too, yes, it's a Tele...LOL.

And the six-saddle bridge on them has been around since the American Standards were launched in the 80's. I get that the 3 brass saddles lend something to the sound but come on, some get really overly purist when it comes to that. Even Brad Paisley has 6-saddle bridges. Who's gonna tell him his guitars aren't Tele's? LOL
            Last edited by ErikH; 04-14-2022, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Ask Greg Koch…

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
                I’s say so. Strats are my thing and I have 6 screw with vintage radius/frets and vintage style pickups and I have 2 post with noiseless pickups, bigger frets and flatter radii, they are all pretty Stratty to me.

25.5” bolt on with a Tele plate style bridge and Tele pickup sounds pretty darn Tele to me.

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

Since Fender makes them that way now too, yes, it's a Tele...LOL.

And the six-saddle bridge on them has been around since the American Standards were launched in the 80's. I get that the 3 brass saddles lend something to the sound but come on, some get really overly purist when it comes to that. Even Brad Paisley has 6-saddle bridges. Who's gonna tell him his guitars aren't Tele's? LOL
                I’d say it’s more the brass than the two strings sharing a saddle, but I’m sure an A/B would show a very, very slight difference. I think it’s splitting hairs, but all options are available now!
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Fender puts the Tele name on pretty much anything that has the same silhouette. I go by what I think of a 'traditional Tele tone'.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You guys know they make these, right?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Yeah, we know that there are round wheels these days, and that they can be produced easily and work well . . . but we're sticking with square ones for this particular vehicle. But we can upcharge you for square wheels with slightly rounded edges to make the ride better.

:P
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Yeah, we know that there are round wheels these days, and that they can be produced easily and work well . . . but we're sticking with square ones for this particular vehicle. But we can upcharge you for square wheels with slightly rounded edges to make the ride better.

:P
                        Yeah, square wheels are the period-correct traditional ones. You can't get THE tone without the square wheels.

Comment

Yeah, square wheels are the period-correct traditional ones. You can't get THE tone without the square wheels.

This is likely my primary concern. What if I set the intonation, ever so slightly off, on my 6 saddle? I am probably diving too deep or splitting hairs, but the thought has crossed my mind.

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Bet it sounds a lot like a superdistortion though. :P
                            Thankfully it does. Randy Rhoades, Tom Scholz, Phil Collen, Al Di Meola, Vivian Campbell, and Dave Murray all gut a slightly useable tone out of a Super Distortion I think I will leave it in for a while.

Comment

Working...
                            X