N?D - I went vintage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N?D - I went vintage

New ....old pickup...pickguard.. .what ever day.

I had this late 70's Maxon Super 70 (EVH Shark) pickup sitting around and thought it was a shame not to give it a home. The pickup was beyond battered so I put a cover on it. I took the Swiss army HSH pickguard out of my black Strat and put in this simple setup with a single hum, vol, and a stutter switch. I have only been playing it for about an hour, but I am in love so far.

I love the look, and I am digging sound big time.

Super 70's are great sounding units and very collectable. Bet it's terrific!
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

That's one of my favorite configurations. The Babicz is sweet too.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Nice one. Needs stripes.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Needs stripes.

Comment

Neat & clean ride!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Happy New Loaded Pickguard Day!

Comment

That's is one cool guitar.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Rock and roll!!!!

Let ‘er rip!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                      That's one of my favorite configurations. The Babicz is sweet too.
                      I can not stress how great the Babicz bridges are. They have great action, are comfortable, and intonate perfectly. I have their trems on both of my Strats and stop Babicz bridges on my 2 Teles.

Comment

Yehh, plug'n'play!

The Babicz stuff seems reasonably priced - was looking at it recently.
                        Originally posted by dominus
                        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I can not stress how great the Babicz bridges are. They have great action, are comfortable, and intonate perfectly. I have their trems on both of my Strats and stop Babicz bridges on my 2 Teles.
                          I am going to get the chrome Babicz bridge for my Purple Kramer Baretta Special. Should be a direct fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220414_130751.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	6170837

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                            Yehh, plug'n'play!

The Babicz stuff seems reasonably priced - was looking at it recently.
                            Keep in mind they have two levels of product. Both are good. The Z-Series uses some zinc parts and were designed to give an inexpensive OEM option for guitar manufacturers. They are great but the Original series is a lot better. Think Original Floyd Rose vs. the Floyd Special. Both have awesome intonation and action, the Original has higher quality parts and more mass. The big thing is they are super comfortable if you rest your palm on the bridge to do any kind of muting.

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

I am going to get the chrome Babicz bridge for my Purple Kramer Baretta Special. Should be a direct fit.
                            Eyeballing the picture it looks like it would drop right in. There are measurements on the Babicz site that will guide you as to which product to buy and what will fit. I think it will look awesome on that guitar.

Comment

Here is my other Strat with a very similar setup with a chrome Original Babicz. The pickup is a Fralin High Output going direct to the JCM 2000

Comment

Working...
                              X