N?D - I went vintage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Keep in mind they have two levels of product. Both are good. The Z-Series uses some zinc parts and were designed to give an inexpensive OEM option for guitar manufacturers. They are great but the Original series is a lot better. Think Original Floyd Rose vs. the Floyd Special. Both have awesome intonation and action, the Original has higher quality parts and more mass. The big thing is they are super comfortable if you rest your palm on the bridge to do any kind of muting.
    Yeah, I saw that; the budget one has the predictable zinc block etc. Still a good option for a beater Strat if one doesn't want to sink too many Gs into hardware, but still wants improvement over stock.

The Tele bridges look good too - afaik, there aren't many aftermarket companies which offer them without the sidewalls (can think of Gotoh, and ?)
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
      The Tele bridges look good too - afaik, there aren't many aftermarket companies which offer them without the sidewalls (can think of Gotoh, and ?)
      I have them on both of my Telecasters. Once again very comfortable with great intonation and incredible sustain.

Comment

Last year I was gifted (just to get rid of it) a 92 Peavey Predator that is in fine shape as far as structure, and the frets look barely used if at all.
        Of course the frets need the normal cosmetic treatments for something that has sat so long. Needs new hardware and electronics, but eventually I want this same vibe with it.

Comment

I have them on both of my Telecasters. Once again very comfortable with great intonation and incredible sustain.

Nice. So you intonate via the back screws and lock down with the allen bolts to complete. The Tele itself is not bad either .
          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post

Nice. So you intonate via the back screws and lock down with the allen bolts to complete. The Tele itself is not bad either .
            Thanks! Yes, the screws for the intonation are in the back. There are two screws behind the saddle to adjust the height and you are correct the screw in front is to lock it down. The same with the tremolo bridge minus the screw in front to lock and set the bridge.

That Tele is my baby. There is a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, it screams.

Comment

Yeah, when stuff is well-coupled, it makes a difference.

It's a good concept - people see it and go, 'nice Tele, man', then when you unleash the volume, they get transported straight to 1978.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                Last year I was gifted (just to get rid of it) a 92 Peavey Predator that is in fine shape as far as structure, and the frets look barely used if at all.
                Of course the frets need the normal cosmetic treatments for something that has sat so long. Needs new hardware and electronics, but eventually I want this same vibe with it.
                I hope you post picks of that when it's done. Those are way underrated guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

I hope you post picks of that when it's done. Those are way underrated guitars.
                  Last year of the USA-made Predators also (92).Also my class year from high school.

Comment

I finally played the Strat with the band. What a fun guitar to play. The pickup is very responsive to the volume knob so there is a wide variety of sound coming out of a one pickup guitar. It was really cool to play RWTD and You Really Got Me on it. Only my bass player picked up on me using the stutter switch the rest of the band (singer, drummer) are clueless.

Comment

Is the Z Series $149.99 or that the original?

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
                        Is the Z Series $149.99 or that the original?
                        Pretty sure that is the Z-Series, unless you found one at a killer price, but my best guess is it is a Z

Buy Babicz FCH-2 Point Z-Series Strat Tremolo Bridge, upgrade for Fender AS guitars

Comment

Honeymoon with the Maxon is already over. I love the pickup and it will find a home in something eventually. However, it was not giving me the grind and thump I wanted to get out of this guitar for this gig. So I went Black Winter and you can not get the smile off my face with a sandblaster. I am absolutely thrilled and this guitar sounds like a dream. The BW has awesome cleans but the gain is chug heaven.

Comment

I think the BW was the right choice, anyway.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              I think the BW was the right choice, anyway.
                              Definitely is I have been having a ball with it. I have to roll back the vol a hair to get a clean I like but I don't play on using this guitar for much clean work. I will use it mainly on the heavier songs in our set Anthrax, Judas Preist, and a handful of classics we revamped to do heavier like You May Be Right, I Feel Good and American Band.

Comment

Honeymoon with the Maxon is already over. I love the pickup and it will find a home in something eventually. However, it was not giving me the grind and thump I wanted to get out of this guitar for this gig. So I went Black Winter and you can not get the smile off my face with a sandblaster. I am absolutely thrilled and this guitar sounds like a dream. The BW has awesome cleans but the gain is chug heaven.

How did I miss this?!
                                I'm sure that it sounds massive.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X