Kramer Baretta Vintage Pewter Grey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
    How do you like the JB in it? Does it kind of bridge the gap between early VH and screamin’ 80’s hair metal?
    Yes it does the VH and hair metal thing to a T. This
    guitar was made to rock 80s tunes. The JB does modern just as good I think. Looking forward in trying the 78. Curious how much different to the JB it is.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
      After more time with this Baretta I would have to say it's one of my favorites already. Up there with my Jackson Soloist for playability and sound. Floyd 1000 is staying in tune perfect. Loving it. This one is a keeper.
      Its been a long time since I've owned a non-routed Floyd. How much back pull does it have with the bridge level? Can you do mild tremolo effect with a bit of back pull without it bottoming? Or is it just dive?

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

Its been a long time since I've owned a non-routed Floyd. How much back pull does it have with the bridge level? Can you do mild tremolo effect with a bit of back pull without it bottoming? Or is it just dive?
        You can pull back but not very much. You can flutter. But since it is routed the way it is pretty much all dives.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

How much of that packing job was Sweetwater, and how much was the manufacturer?

I have had Sweetwater ship me three guitars. They had to repack all three of them — two to inspect and take pics, and the third to Plek. They used, as far as I could tell, only the factory packing materials, and they put them all back together flawlessly. All three guitars arrived in perfect condition.

I had MF send me a cheap-cheap Epiphone that same year. They didn’t need to open the box, and I don’t think they did. It was also packed very well and arrived with no issues.
          It certainly wasn't anything the manufacturer did or did not do. It was 100% on Sweetwater when they did their so called "55 point inspection" and their photo shoot. When I sent them the unboxing video they said that everything done was exactly everything they try to avoid and they would use it as a video to help train people on everything not to do. Don't know if I can believe that one or not. I'd rather buy a guitar brand new sight unseen and never inspected. That was my 1st purchase with them and it just couldn't have been any worse. 2nd time was no better so I wrote them off completely. It's like they were just fukn with me at that point.

Comment

Working...
          X