Have you built a Tribute guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I have thought about building a Iommi Old Boy tribute, still might.

Imo one one the coolest guitars i've ever seen

Comment

I've thought about turning my Epi LP Standard Ebony into a Vivian Campbell style tribute w/x2n's or GFS Power Rails and some brass knobs. I would keep it glossy though. I already tried pulling the poker chip and pickguard to get an idea if I'd like it, and I would.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fRuG6bq.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	6178595
      Attached Files

Comment

My Gibson Howard Roberts is sort of like a thinner ES-175, and Steve Howe was the inspiration for that.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 80's View Post
          I've thought about turning my Epi LP Standard Ebony into a Vivian Campbell style tribute w/x2n's or GFS Power Rails and some brass knobs. I would keep it glossy though. I already tried pulling the poker chip and pickguard to get an idea if I'd like it, and I would.

Name:	fRuG6bq.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	6178595
          I love the Viv LP. Go for it!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

This isn't a replica style tribute, but a tribute none the less.
            Epiphone 58 Korina Explorer, with an EMG Het Set and "More Beer!" decal.

Just my homage to Metallica and James Hetfield

Name:	received_419680963150448.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	6178615
            "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Originally posted by v8stang289 View Post
              This isn't a replica style tribute, but a tribute none the less.
              Epiphone 58 Korina Explorer, with an EMG Het Set and "More Beer!" decal.

Just my homage to Metallica and James Hetfield

Name:	received_419680963150448.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	6178615
              That Explorer is cool. I also really like that Sega Genesis style Metallica Damage inc poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

The only place I have found the husk is Straophere and they want a king's ransom for a P90 SG husk.
                Too much?

2022 Gibson USA SG Special Vintage Cherry P90 Electric Guitar Body & Neck Husk Project. 22 Frets. Guitar was originally purchased from an online music retailer and returned due to factory cosmetic flaws on guitar. At that time, I purchased guitar from an auction.Husk condition - Light finis...

(Don't know what Stratosphere was charging)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 80's View Post

That Explorer is cool. I also really like that Sega Genesis style Metallica Damage inc poster.
                  Me too. It's from a concert in Europe that I didn't go to, but the poster was so cool I had to have it.
                  "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

I have a couple unfinished projects going. All the parts, and little inclination. A quasi-Brent Mason Tele and a quasi-Joe B LP. Both, halfway done.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                      I have a couple unfinished projects going. All the parts, and little inclination. A quasi-Brent Mason Tele and a quasi-Joe B LP. Both, halfway done.
                      I forgot about the Mason Tele!
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I forgot about the Mason Tele!
                        I gotta get that one done. A mini-hum is a terrible thing to waste.

Comment

I gotta get that one done. A mini-hum is a terrible thing to waste.
                          Did you end up with a burgundy Hot Stack or a white one?
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Did you end up with a burgundy Hot Stack or a white one?
                            I'm doing a "quasi" copy. I'm putting something different in the middle. Not exactly sure what just yet. I'm thinking Cool Rails or Five-Two, especially since I have both in stock.

Comment

I'm doing a "quasi" copy. I'm putting something different in the middle. Not exactly sure what just yet. I'm thinking Cool Rails or Five-Two, especially since I have both in stock.
                              That will still be cool.

I still have a hankering to try a triple Hot Stack Strat.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I still have a hankering to try a triple Hot Stack Strat.
                                That would also be . . . uh, hot!

Comment

Working...
                                X