banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Telecaster bridges inherently microphonic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Telecaster bridges inherently microphonic?

Or is my Super Distortion T bad?

I get lots of ringing if I tap on the bridge and pickup.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

Shouldn't be a lot.

Are you saying it is worse when you tap the bridge compared to poking the pickup directly?

Comment

No. If I tap the pickup as well, it's there.

Comment

Yes. The bridge design adds to the issue.

Comment

I do not have this problem with my DiMarzio tele pickup but I do have an after market bridge.

Comment

I've had three teles, all with different era bridges, and haven't noticed that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              I do not have this problem with my DiMarzio tele pickup but I do have an after market bridge.
              I also have a Gotoh bridge in mine.

Comment

I have the same pickup and no problems. I have not experienced this with any Tele bridge.

Comment

Never experienced this with any Tele style I've had (including Fender, Warmoth, Allparts, USACG, Epiphone, Squire)

Comment

Have you tried stuffing some foam under the pickup and plate to kill the ring?
                    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

The only microphonic pickup I've ever received brand new was a DiMarzio Tele pickup I bought last year. Sent it back and the replacement is dead silent. The original was super sensitive to any handling or movement.

Comment

Ugh. Second defective pickup I've had in this guitar, then.

Comment

The only other option I can think of is use surgical tubing instead of springs for the pickup mount, unless you are already.

Comment

The only case of microphonic Tele I had on the bench was a non flat bridge bottom and a slightly raised guitar top. The bottom made no good contact.
                            I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I've got several Teles and not one of them sounds microphonic. Must be your pup.
                              Originally Posted by IanBallard
                              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X