Starting to fall in love with the Jackson Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to fall in love with the Jackson Soloist

I found this new Jackson Pro Series Soloist™ SL3R today. There is so much win with this guitar. The only thing I would possibly change would be to add a Sophia tremolo.

FEATURES
    • 25.5” scale length
    • Basswood body with mirror top
    • Through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement, scarf joint and oiled back finish
    • 12”-16” compound radius bound ebony fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and mirror piranha tooth inlays
    • Direct mount Seymour Duncan® Distortion™ TB-6 bridge, Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat® SSL-6 Single-Coil middle and Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil neck pickups
    • Five-position pickup blade switch, single volume control and single tone control
    • Floyd Rose® 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
    • Jackson sealed die-cast tuners and Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons
    • Available in Mirror with matching reverse Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock, white body binding and chrome hardware

Nice. Those Soloists look great to play.

Comment

When I first read "Mirror Jackson Soloist," I thought it was another Phil Collins model.

Comment

Prefer my Kiesel DC on the bottom here to even a US Soloist. Like the neck in particular much better than the Jacksons.
        Last edited by Ascension; 08-08-2022, 07:43 AM.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I found this new Jackson Pro Series Soloist™ SL3R today. There is so much win with this guitar. The only thing I would possibly change would be to add a Sophia tremolo.

FEATURES
          • 25.5” scale length
          • Basswood body with mirror top
          • Through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement, scarf joint and oiled back finish
          • 12”-16” compound radius bound ebony fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and mirror piranha tooth inlays
          • Direct mount Seymour Duncan® Distortion™ TB-6 bridge, Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat® SSL-6 Single-Coil middle and Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil neck pickups
          • Five-position pickup blade switch, single volume control and single tone control
          • Floyd Rose® 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
          • Jackson sealed die-cast tuners and Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons
          • Available in Mirror with matching reverse Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock, white body binding and chrome hardware

That thing is hot!
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Keeping that shiny would be a task, but it is one cool guitar.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Looks cool . . . but how hard is it to clean? All I can think of is a guitar that perpetually looks dirty from smudges and sweat. Mirrors (and even chrome appliances) can be really hard to keep fingerprints off of.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                Looks cool . . . but how hard is it to clean? All I can think of is a guitar that perpetually looks dirty from smudges and sweat. Mirrors (and even chrome appliances) can be really hard to keep fingerprints off of.
                Not a fan of the finish, but really, all one needs is a microfiber cloth to wipe it down with. It's not like people are going to be focusing on what it looks like while you shred their faces of while playing it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m with you….
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'd hit it.

Comment

I loved the old SL3 that I had–it was the first guitar I had with Seymour Duncans and made me a believer in the JB+Hotrails combo.

This one is slightly different but the cosmetics of that guitar are spot on--really dig the look.

Comment

I love everything about that except the middle pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                          I love everything about that except the middle pickup.
                          Esthetically I agree with you it would look cooler. But I use the middle pickup on my HSS more than I use the neck.

Comment

If it's a plexiglass mirror I would imagine that not only smudges and fingerprints would be a problem but also swirls/scratches will eventually take up the entire surface. That just looks shiddy on mirrors.

Comment

Specs are spot-on, but the mirror finish is just one step closer to a bad habit. Custom shop options also include:
                              - faux 9v battery compartment for candy
                              - gold straw tucked in the truss rod hole
                              The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

Working...
                              X