banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kill switch on a Strat: Where should I place it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCikes88 View Post

Hey I'm interested since I have no experience with this type of switch/pot.
    How easy/difficult would it be to accidentaly slide the volume up or down while using it intermittently, SOS-style?
    It certainly makes the install clean, aestheticaly speaking.
    I never have an issue with it. I push straight down from the top with my fingers on a Strat knob. You may have an issue though if you try to smack it with the side of your hand.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      Look up Killpot, it let's you use the volume control as a momentary kill switch
      I just installed the Killpot, and I love it. The first one I installed was defective. Amazon had a new one out to me in 48 hours. This one is perfect. I love the action of the switch. Gonna give it a run for its money at practice tonight.

Comment

Just got home from practice. I love that freaking pot. @Chistopher thank you for hipping me to the Killpot.

Once again, you really can not trigger it unless you intend to use it. I can only see someone kitting it by accident if they were rolling around on the floor like Angus. I am thinking about putting one n my Lester. It is a 10-minute mod that works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I can only see someone kitting it by accident if they were rolling around on the floor like Angus.
          Don't go full beef while operating, got it.
          The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
            Where it’s comfy. What about one of the horns?
            I put all of my alt switches on the upper horn of my strats

Comment

Just got home from practice. I love that freaking pot. @Chistopher thank you for hipping me to the Killpot.

Once again, you really can not trigger it unless you intend to use it. I can only see someone kitting it by accident if they were rolling around on the floor like Angus. I am thinking about putting one n my Lester. It is a 10-minute mod that works great.
              You'd think they'd be more popular. There are literally no downsides to having one.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

You'd think they'd be more popular. There are literally no downsides to having one.
                Can you easily do volume swells EVH style or do you accidentally mute the guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by unleashthejay View Post

Can you easily do volume swells EVH style or do you accidentally mute the guitar?
                  Just plugged in the guitar just for you, buddy. Yes, swells are no problem the guitar does not mute. However, if wanted, you can mute (stutter) while you swell for added effect if that is the desire. This sounds pretty cool. The switch is not easy to accidentally depress. Just touching it will not mute the guitar.

Comment

Just plugged in the guitar just for you, buddy. Yes, swells are no problem the guitar does not mute. However, if wanted, you can mute (stutter) while you swell for added effect if that is the desire. This sounds pretty cool. The switch is not easy to accidentally depress. Just touching it will not mute the guitar.
                    Awesome man thanks! I ordered it!

Comment

Not much room under the pickguard. I'd base my decision on that.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Hey bud, Does the kill pot stick up higher than the other knobs?

Comment

Just enough that you won't notice unless you're looking for it

Comment

It is adjustable there are washers and nuts on both sides of the pickguard so you can make the shaft stick up as high or shallow as you would like depending on the depth of your cavity. You should be fine.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                              X