banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery box on a Strat - what should I use it for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
    I've had the SPC in one of my Floydcasters for many years. Love how it fattens the EMG singlecoils.
    Not sure how well it'd do with a JB though.
    How about a Fat 55 or 57? Or I guess I could go SSS…
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

How about a Fat 55 or 57? Or I guess I could go SSS…
        Not familiar with those, but the SPC is a fattener so maybe a fat voiced humbucker isn't the best match.
        I have the original EMG singles with SPC and EXG, later renamed the Gilmour set.
        IMO the SPC is perfect with those.
        EXG is pretty cool too, though occasionally I've wished for a conventional tone knob to go darker when I want.
        I think the SPC plus a regular tone would be the bee's knees for an SSS.

Not positive the SPC couldn't work with a JB, either; its hump is mostly below the JB's upper-mid spike I think.
        But the JB is touchy - sometimes it doesn't like naturally midrangey guitars so I'm unsure how it'd fare with a midboost.
        Might be great. Might be awful.

Artec's EXP seems cool too - midboost, flat boost, or high/low boost, all on one knob. And cheap to try out.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

The battery compartment is to power the smoke bomb under the pickup, make it happen.
          Powering led fret markers would be cooler.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
            Powering led fret markers would be cooler.

That would be cool. If it was a brand new guitar that would be clever. This looks like a late 60’s Strat that an 80’s Shredder owned.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

That would be cool. If it was a brand new guitar that would be clever. This looks like a late 60’s Strat that an 80’s Shredder owned.
              And even embedding them in the top of the guitar. Think of the possibilities!

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                And even embedding them in the top of the guitar. Think of the possibilities!

When the Hello Kitty strats came out I though that drilling out the eyes and putting in LEDs would be cool.

Comment

Working...
                X