No announcement yet.

Which guitar rocks hardest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every guitar can rock. Every amp can rock (at least with the apropriate medal). But there's more to music than just the sound. The looks, the feel! You can 'rock hard' with a Gibson ES175...but a V is where it's at.
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Explorers rock the hardest! And if you disagree, then you are wrong.

Les Pauls are second, given the right pickup.
      Vs are a close 3rd place
      Bichs, MLs, RRs are 4th

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

As a kid, I thought the Carvin V220 was the most rocking-est guitar I had ever seen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F76d99fd6-f443-49f1-97dc-d267d09e7fbc_341x450.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	6197974
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post

Vs are a close 3rd place
          Bichs, MLs, RRs are 4th

I'm not going to disagree because I don't want to be wrong, but YOU are wrong.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Vs are a close 3rd place
            Bichs, MLs, RRs are 4th

It's amazing to me that guitars like the Explorer and Flying V - both of which are highly associated with hard rock and metal, were both released in 1958. For context, take a look at the Billboard Top 50 singles for 1958.
            -
            My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
              It's amazing to me that guitars like the Explorer and Flying V - both of which are highly associated with hard rock and metal, were both released in 1958.
              1958 was the last year Gibson relied on actual human designers. After that, all of their "innovation" came from a think tank of monkeys high on LSD

Comment

Vs are a close 3rd place
                Bichs, MLs, RRs are 4th

Explorers could easily share the top spot with the V-fam, IMO, but no way they rock harder

BTW, my first guitar was an '80s Ibanez Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

1958 was the last year Gibson relied on actual human designers. After that, all of their "innovation" came from a think tank of monkeys high on LSD

Story seems to check out. :P
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Vs are a close 3rd place
                    Bichs, MLs, RRs are 4th

I think Explorers are definitely the coolest shape ever devised for electric guitar
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Vs are a close 3rd place
                      Bichs, MLs, RRs are 4th

I do, so does my special lady so I’m getting her a black explorer. I don’t even have an explorer, I’ve always been a V-man but because they make lefty models of what I have in mind for her, if it goes well, I’ll get myself one.

Will look so cool if we do shows with our project and we both have explorers on stage. Maybe her with a black one and white for me. She loves black guitars. The first quality acoustic I got her, she wanted in black because of the movie Coyote Ugly. Looks as close as I could find and she loves it.
                      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        As a kid, I thought the Carvin V220 was the most rocking-est guitar I had ever seen.

Name:	https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F76d99fd6-f443-49f1-97dc-d267d09e7fbc_341x450.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	6197974
                        I thought it was the ugliest....lol.

Comment

To be fair, I hadn't been exposed to many instruments at that time.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Name:	F3B8B756-D125-4AA9-A026-C2287594B38E.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	6198073 I haven't read the whole conversation, but for me a normal Stratocaster with a hot bridge humbucker rocks hardest. My Strat currently has a super long Warmoth neck & stripped down to just a single Hot Rails & a volume knob.
                            Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Story seems to check out. :P
                              Let's not forget the Starfleet... I mean Modern Flying V.

-
                              My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post

Let's not forget the Starfleet... I mean Modern Flying V.

I . . . kinda like that one . . .

Thanks for your years of conditioning Gene Roddenberry.
                                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X