MY DREAM GUITAR ARRIVED TODAY....REALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY DREAM GUITAR ARRIVED TODAY....REALLY

I'm sure you find it hard to believe, with all the guitars that pass through my hands....

I'm a HUGE Ace Frehley fan...HUGE!!! He is the reason I started playing guitar. I've met him 3 times over the past 30 years. The last time, which was December 14, 2019, I asked Ace to sign my left shoulder...I had it tattooed in the next morning. Yeah...hardcore.

Anyway...the guitar!!! Its a 1998 Gibson Ace Frehley Les Paul Custom. When the 4 original members of KISS reunited back in 1996, Gibson did a limited run of these guitars in conjunction with Ace. There was a CS run of 300, then there were the standard production models....this is a standard production model.

It has all the features of a LP Custom with some added ACE BLING. This particular guitar is 9 lbs, 7oz. The neck is a medium C carve, around .850. Three DiMarzio Super Distortion pickups. Ebony board with special inlays. And an Ace graphic on the headstock.

I had one of these back in 2000. Who knows why, but i ended up selling it. The past few years I had been keeping an eye out to acquire another one of these, but the prices absolutely went through the roof!!! I had kinda given up on even being able to get one of these again. This one came along for a price that was the best i had seen in a long time...so I went for it! Its been played...but I didnt buy it to hang on a wall. It gonna get gigged.

It had been over 20 years since I had had one of these in my hands...I'm a much different guitar player than I was back then. This guitar feels great. The weight isnt too bad. Its sets up really nice..medium/low action. Great sustain. The sound is pure Rock n Roll!!! Its not shrill or ice picky...its just a great rock tone!!! I'm very happy with the sound through my JCM 2000.

IMG_6910 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6911 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6912 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6913 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6914 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6915 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6916 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6917 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6918 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6919 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6920 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6921 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6923 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7055 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0447 (2) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Sharp looking guitar. I never really understood the three pickup idea. Beautiful Heritage Cherry finish though.

Comment

Nice! That was probably the first guitar I remember really wanting. I had playing a few years when it came out and I remember when that one specifically was released. Enjoy!
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Too cool for school.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

That's a really cool LP!

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
          Too cool for school.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	V4WYK0k.png
Views:	256
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	6215964

Comment

awww you and acebob are guitar buddies now

Comment

Very cool guitar.
              I don't recall ever seeing Super Ds with the DiMarzio logo on the bobbins.
              Was DiMarzio doing that for awhile?
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I have a gig on the 28th. I’ll be playing the Ace for sure for one set!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Napthol View Post
                  Sharp looking guitar. I never really understood the three pickup idea. Beautiful Heritage Cherry finish though.
                  The third pickup

a) looks badass
                  b) when wired smartly, you can get amazing tones out of that third pickup that you wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

I love this guitar. It was from an era when Gibson signature guitars were really interesting and offered something beyond a finish color, some aging, or whatever. Frampton's all mahogany chambered LP, Slash' sig with tobaccoburst and a piezo, Zakk Wylde's maple neck raw finish bullseye LP, and I could go on and on.

I miss that era.

Comment

Very nice looking guitar!

Brent, I kinda get the idea that you may be an Ace fan.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Congrats!

When can I expect to see that in the Trading Post?

Comment

how is it wired? i know in at least one of the the old ace guitars, only the bridge pup was wired up

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                          Very cool guitar.
                          I don't recall ever seeing Super Ds with the DiMarzio logo on the bobbins.
                          Was DiMarzio doing that for awhile?
                          They do that on OEM pickups.
                          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Wow! Congrats! A very cool find for sure!

Coming to the Trading Post in 3, 2, 1...

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                              how is it wired? i know in at least one of the the old ace guitars, only the bridge pup was wired up
                              UP. neck
                              MIDDLE. bridge/middle
                              DOWN. bridge

Comment

Working...
                              X