banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you pay for this Fernandes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you pay for this Fernandes?

so I got a couple of guitars in my room and the thing is, I have been looking to buy another one. However I live in a small apartment and don't have much space for more guitars. And I was thinking of selling my Fernandes Dragonfly Elite which is made in Japan. It is a lovely guitar but I gotta sell this or the Deluxe (made in Korea) which I enjoy playing too. But then again I got 2 cheap acoustic guitars that I haven't touched for years. Maybe I should get rid of those instead. Here is a thread with pics that I made in the past

Edited: See my longer reply below
    Last edited by Masta' C; 01-30-2023, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I say if you don't play your acoustics, sell them, recover the space and buy that Fernandes.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
        $400-$500 is probably the most you'll get for it
        How so?
        Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I say if you don't play your acoustics, sell them, recover the space and buy that Fernandes.
        That's what I'm probably gonna do. Btw I have the Fernandes and was thinking of selling it. But I guess I will keep it.

Comment

that seems a bit low, id think youd be able to get $600 pretty easily. check completed listings on reverb and ebay

Comment

There's a handful of Dragonfly Elite models currently for sale on Reverb in the $800-$1100 USD range, but most have been listed for months, which means they are overpriced relative to the demand for them.

One guy has a killer "Custom Elite" model listed around $1300 USD, but he's been sitting on it for the better part of a year now, so it's clearly overpriced.

Furthermore, there really aren't any comparable "sold" examples on eBay or Reverb.

All this makes me think the market really isn't that strong for these, which doesn't surprise me based on my own experiences buying and selling Fernandes guitars. They have always been the slowest brand to sell for me unless it was a particularly unique/rare model (I just sold my last Fernandes at the start of the pandemic).

If your Dragonfly is still in very good to excellent condition and has the original case with it, my guess is you'd be able to get somewhere between $600 and $900 USD for it.

Comment

Working...
            X