banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk me out of a custom Warmoth Iceman...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

To your first point...I would definitely love to have the headstock painted to match. That would indeed look awesome!

To your second point...we decided to hold off on the road trip lifestyle for 3-5 years. My wife wasn't willing to give up any of the animals and we have a baby on the way, so it quickly became a lot to tackle!
    Ah, great. Let's do this!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Ok, here’s my thought. Get a set neck Iceman kit from one of the kit suppliers, then have one of the guitar painters “Guitar Paint Guys”, “JGP Custom Guitars and Paint”, “Sims Guitar Painting and Refinishing” shoot a lime metal flake finish.

That way you get your headstock, better heel and color.
      Interesting idea! Where can you get a good quality set-neck Iceman kit?

I honestly have very little experience with "kit" manufacturers. I had a mixed experience with BYO Guitars on a custom neck build, though they eventually made things right...

Comment

I have two I am the wrong person to ask

Comment

YOU MUST DO EET AND MUST DO EET NAO ---->

Comment

I don't think the bottom horn is all that phallic compared to any other doublecut guitar, LOL.

But I'm sure a Jackson-style headstock would look killer with that guitar as well.

Or maybe a Gibson hockey stick headstock too.

Not very traditional, but could look cool.

Comment

I don't think the bottom horn is all that phallic compared to any other doublecut guitar,
              Yeah, I don't get the junior high school humor, either.
              Tells us more about the minds of the posters than we want to know.

There are plenty of Iceman/Ibanez style necks on Squeebay or Treeverb to bolt on that will take the paint you want and provide a good playing experience. Bonus: most are quite affordable.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I think if you really want an Iceman, buy one in rough condition and have it re-painted. If you want something unique, get the Warmoth, but don't invest money in something you are not 100% happy with.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Interesting idea! Where can you get a good quality set-neck Iceman kit?

I honestly have very little experience with "kit" manufacturers. I had a mixed experience with BYO Guitars on a custom neck build, though they eventually made things right...
                  Solo Music Gear is a decent quality kit. Unfortunately you don’t get the incredible array of options you do with Warmoth but it could scratch the itch.

Buy the top-notch best selection of Solo IMK-1 DIY Electric Guitar Kit online at SOLO Music Gear. Order now for great deals!
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Solo Music Gear is a decent quality kit. Unfortunately you don’t get the incredible array of options you do with Warmoth but it could scratch the itch.

https://www.solomusicgear.com/produc...ic-guitar-kit/
                    Have you bought off them? I was going to buy a Tele body for my Esquire.

Comment

3) My wife says the bottom horn looks like something from an adult toy store...
                      I'd say that is a plus.

What headstock? And matching?

As a new Iceman owner, nothing but love. There really are no downsides, unless you have a lack of swagger and the guitar itself is intimidating.

Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

3 isn't a downside, if it gets her "thinking about it"

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          3 isn't a downside, if it gets her "thinking about it"
                          Ooooh...good point!

Comment

Working...
                          X