Les Pauls vs SGs... It must be summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Okay maybe "massive" is a bit but it is a big neck but yes it plays like a dream and takes little time to get used to it.
    Sevens are like that, gotta update the road map. I'm trying to play it daily so I can get sharp. Next time I'm down there, I'll try to bring my good Explorer. I bet you would dig playing that.
    Take it to the limit
    Everybody to the limit
    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Honestly, I don't expect a Les Paul to "play like butter", LOL. You always kinda have to fight it to an extent. It is not a modern performance guitar, after all.

It's the 60's neck that fits *me* the best, but I understand different necks fit different people.

However, I don't agree with the sentiment that the best-sounding ones have thick necks. By those standards, no Ibanez, Charvel, or Jackson ever sounded as good... which is kind of a fallacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post

However, I don't agree with the sentiment that the best-sounding ones have thick necks. By those standards, no Ibanez, Charvel, or Jackson ever sounded as good... which is kind of a fallacy.
        No one said "better", different.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
          Honestly, I don't expect a Les Paul to "play like butter", LOL. You always kinda have to fight it to an extent. It is not a modern performance guitar, after all.

It's the 60's neck that fits *me* the best, but I understand different necks fit different people.
          ?

Les Pauls play like butter when setup correctly. I find that strats tend to require a bit more fighting. How do you figure they're not a modern performance guitar?
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

?

Les Pauls play like butter when setup correctly. I find that strats tend to require a bit more fighting. How do you figure they're not a modern performance guitar?
            Just my opinion, of course. But they're definitely no Ibanez RG or ESP Eclipse even, let alone Strandberg or whatever.

Compared to Fenders, yeah. I agree. I'd much rather play a Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

?

I think standard LPs aren't like the modern variations. I'd say modern versions improved on things like body contours, weight, neck/body transitions and hardware. It is amazing what you can do if you are not tied to company tradition.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I think standard LPs aren't like the modern variations. I'd say modern versions improved on things like body contours, weight, neck/body transitions and hardware. It is amazing what you can do if you are not tied to company tradition.
                Yeah this really belongs in our Gibson threads, but they do have a tendency to recreate what has already been created- as opposed to new and useful.

On the other hand, they created two of the four most iconic SB guitars of all time so I totally get the brand thing.

What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by zionstrat View Post

Yeah this really belongs in our Gibson threads, but they do have a tendency to recreate what has already been created- as opposed to new and useful.

On the other hand, they created two of the four most iconic SB guitars of all time so I totally get the brand thing.
                  I think the Axcess Floyd was pretty cool. That and the Johnny A sig are the two Gibsons that have seriously interested me, and neither are all that traditional.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                  X