No announcement yet.

New guitar day ! Only 1 complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get wanting to buy something budget based on the good word of other people, but this is just one reason why I can't see myself ever buying a HB guitar. Although it was very tempting for a while.

In other news, I can't believe I'm letting "ethics" be a reason to stop me from buying something. I guess I am becoming less cynical with age.

Comment

Huh? Harley benton did nothing wrong in asking for it back and they didnt break it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post
        I get wanting to buy something budget based on the good word of other people, but this is just one reason why I can't see myself ever buying a HB guitar. Although it was very tempting for a while.

In other news, I can't believe I'm letting "ethics" be a reason to stop me from buying something. I guess I am becoming less cynical with age.
        I dont get what the Harley Benton Brand did ethically wrong

do you think it was purposely sent broken

the name was just a chosen for a Store brand at Thomann its not a real entity
        there is no person named Harley Benton involved

now the name Hartley Peavey is a real guy, and I know alot of Peavey's down here
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

SO close.

Moving on...

Comment

After I plugged it in for a few seconds.... I wasn't really impressed sadly, and truthfully.

For under 3 bills the Jackson js32 models are a lot more solidly built in my humble opinion....

I was hoping this would be a fun little beater guitar, but, I won't be buying another one anytime soon.
            https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

For beater guitar
              the under $200
              IYV and West Creek and Leo Jaymes are easy beaters.

EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

I dont get what the Harley Benton Brand did ethically wrong

do you think it was purposely sent broken

the name was just a chosen for a Store brand at Thomann its not a real entity
                there is no person named Harley Benton involved

now the name Hartley Peavey is a real guy, and I know alot of Peavey's down here
                So they’re the Betty Crocker of guitars!
                The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Omg! This thread made me order a cheap Jackson. Mf has a silverburst js34 for 26% off. $233+tax, free ship.

It looks like a real jackson with binding and sharkfins.

I will probably wake up tomorrow and have regrets, but a cheap and fun backup guitar that looks nice cant be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                    Omg! This thread made me order a cheap Jackson. Mf has a silverburst js34 for 26% off. $233+tax, free ship.

It looks like a real jackson with binding and sharkfins.

I will probably wake up tomorrow and have regrets, but a cheap and fun backup guitar that looks nice cant be a bad thing.
                    Yes! That's great!
                    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

There are a lot of "cheap" (money wise) guitars out there that are not "cheap" (quality wise).

A less-than $200 guitar with new pickups and a good setup (an additional $100-200) can be made to play and sound like a $1000-2000 guitar.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                        There are a lot of "cheap" (money wise) guitars out there that are not "cheap" (quality wise).

A less-than $200 guitar with new pickups and a good setup (an additional $100-200) can be made to play and sound like a $1000-2000 guitar.
                        And sadly, I've had $1000-2000 guitars that needed the same setup work.

IME, when they put a Floyd on these cheap guitars, is means you generally don't have to worry about upgrading the tuners or nut. And a Floyd nut is easy to remove if you need to level the frets or lower the nut.

Comment

Working...
                        X