banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Cheap Shred Machines out there today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But no other Ibanez I've ever played came close to the RG121 as far as tone, TBH. I did have a 90's Japanese RG, and it played great and had a nice trem, but the tone wasn't quite there for me. I also had an Indo Premium, and nah. It was as nice if not nicer than the Japanese RG570, but nowhere near close to the RGA.

I guess I'm a mahogany body, maple top, and fixed bridge kinda guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      But no other Ibanez I've ever played came close to the RG121 as far as tone, TBH. I did have a 90's Japanese RG, and it played great and had a nice trem, but the tone wasn't quite there for me. I also had an Indo Premium, and nah. It was as nice if not nicer than the Japanese RG570, but nowhere near close to the RGA.

I guess I'm a mahogany body, maple top, and fixed bridge kinda guy.
      They made some mahogony RGs, but most of them were basswood. The S540 is mahogony, but its such a lightweight guitar that it doens't bear much resemblance to most mahogony guitars.

All of the ones I owned were very resonant, but they tend to lack bass compared to larger body guitar, so they seem to have relatively more mids.

I have an all mahogony one and one with a quilted Sapele top. The sapele one is warmer on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

They made some mahogony RGs, but most of them were basswood. The S540 is mahogony, but its such a lightweight guitar that it doens't bear much resemblance to most mahogony guitars.

All of the ones I owned were very resonant, but they tend to lack bass compared to larger body guitar, so they seem to have relatively more mids.

I have an all mahogony one and one with a quilted Sapele top. The sapele one is warmer on top.
        I think what's slightly special about the RGA121 is that they're kinda like those Gibson Faded finishes that everyone praises. Super thin. The guitar dinged up super easily, but it also aged really cool. Plus the mahogany they used for that looked super nice too. Not the usual stuff you see in Epiphone/Schecter/LTD. And it had like a full-on maple top that was about 1/3 of the total body thickness. And a fixed bridge that felt and looked really good. It was kind of a unique guitar for Ibanez, I think. They haven't made anything similar ever since.
        Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 09-11-2023, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X