banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying a LP is too heavy is like saying a Ferrari is too fast ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

I do not do any of those contortions when I play high on the neck with my Les Paul. I don't even think about the joint it is not an issue.
    Same here never had a problem but i don't spend a huge amount of time past the 20th fret.
    Sometimes the 22nd fret can be a challange but agian don't spend much time there.

Comment

• I've never even noticed any issue nor hindrance from the heel....
      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

This is true. This man has no junk.
        Well I caught the reference. "Dr. Peter Venkman"
        I thought it was brilliant.
        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

I do not do any of those contortions when I play high on the neck with my Les Paul. I don't even think about the joint it is not an issue.
          For those that do, it is a deal breaker.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• I’m 140 messages in but: no, saying that a LP is too heavy is not like saying that a Ferrari is too fast. The speed of the Ferrari is one of the core features it has. The weight in a LP is one of the drawbacks.

Saying that a LP is too heavy is like saying that a Ferrari is uncomfortable inside or too expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blille View Post
              The weight in a LP is one of the drawbacks.
              That's the thing, I don't find them to be heavy. It just feels like a guitar to me.

Comment

• My bass is too heavy.

Comment

• Well, with any luck, the LP negativity in this thread will spread a bit and help drive prices down. Who needs em anyway. Essentially useless guitars. Too heavy to even hang on a wall without a stud finder. I'll split shipping with anyone who feels like unloading theirs. Free yourself from the mahogany shackles.
                  Take it to the limit
                  Everybody to the limit
                  Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

I’m 140 messages in but: no, saying that a LP is too heavy is not like saying that a Ferrari is too fast. The speed of the Ferrari is one of the core features it has. The weight in a LP is one of the drawbacks.

Saying that a LP is too heavy is like saying that a Ferrari is uncomfortable inside or too expensive.

Comment

I’m 140 messages in but: no, saying that a LP is too heavy is not like saying that a Ferrari is too fast. The speed of the Ferrari is one of the core features it has. The weight in a LP is one of the drawbacks.

I've debated coming here for this same reason as well. No one comes into the GC saying "Give me the heaviest guitar you've got, price be damned".

A more accurate metaphor would be "Saying a LP is too heavy is like saying a lifted F250 King Ranch highlights my insecurities too well"
                      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

That's the thing, I don't find them to be heavy. It just feels like a guitar to me.
                        I hear you. My Stingray 5 is an anchor so I wouldn’t have an issue with the weight of a LP but that does not make it a feature

Comment

• Interesting how a great thread paying homage to the Legendary Gibson Les Paul brings out all the complaning lightweights.
                          Unless someone is holding a gun to yer head you certainly don't have to own one.

Comment

Comment

• Nope, don't have to own one and never will.
                              It really has nothing to do with the weight either, they dont appeal to me at all and I find them extremeley uncomfortable to play.

Different people like different things. . . Who would have figured..

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X