banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying a LP is too heavy is like saying a Ferrari is too fast ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8db cut on the amp. Couldn't let the puppies breathe as my wife was in the other room doing IT but it only gets better w/ volume.
    You get the idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

8db cut on the amp. Couldn't let the puppies breathe as my wife was in the other room doing IT but it only gets better w/ volume.
      You get the idea.
      I used to have the same challenges with cranking my amp to its sweet spot, solved it by getting a new wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

JMP don't own no junk
        This is true. This man has no junk.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

I used to have the same challenges with cranking my amp to its sweet spot, solved it by getting a new wife.
          Ahhhhhhh oh my gosh! I laughed so frickin hard at that!!!!
          https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

I have the best wife on the planet, not going anywhere. Hope that works out for you.
            I can crank with impunity most the time. My wife works for Federal Agencies, DOD, DOJ ect.
            I gotta be cool when she's on the phone sometimes and i was just testing a new pedal not really rehearsing.
            I don't like using the hotplate, prefer straight amp.
            BTW my wife is a BS Music Major Professonal and much more.
            Last edited by JMP/HBE; 09-08-2023, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I'd say more like a Camry. Good at a lot of things, but not really a high-performance vehicle. Sure, great players can make them work, and they have lots of different types of great players, too.
              How about a Ford F350. Of course, anything you'd need that truck for, you couldn't lift anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

Well, why would'nt you bothered by the heel? And that's just one of many other shortcomings that need to be overcome to play fast, tap etc. They're great guitar's for rock & blues (and I guess jazz..though it's not my thing) and sure you can play metal and shred on them (as you can on a 335) but there are way better guitars more specifically geared towards that imo..
                Yes - why WOULD you be bothered by the heel? I can also play (or could play) a Cello and simply by go "thumb position" no problemo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2151.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	6247945

Name:	IMG_2152.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	6247946

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  Yes - why WOULD you be bothered by the heel? I can also play (or could play) a Cello and simply by go "thumb position" no problemo.

Name:	IMG_2151.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	6247945

Name:	IMG_2152.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	6247946
                  ^^^^ This. Violin, viola, cello and double bass players have had no upper fingerboard access for centuries. But it's also never been an impediment to playing any piece at any tempo.

Comment

• The outside of my thumb is anchored on the 15th fret or so usually. More than stable enough and way more reach than I have frets.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

^^^^ This. Violin, viola, cello and double bass players have had no upper fingerboard access for centuries. But it's also never been an impediment to playing any piece at any tempo.
                      I don't see the point if there is a better design and you don't have to change the angle of your wrist and thumb joint just to play higher notes.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't see the point if there is a better design and you don't have to change the angle of your wrist and thumb joint just to play higher notes.
                        Some of those better designs can't make that tone, though. Choices.

Comment

• I can live with the heel but not the fact that it digs in my ribs and forearm.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Some of those better designs can't make that tone, though. Choices.
                            Oh I am sure of that, too. The Les Paul Lites of the 90s were good guitars, and they had that sound.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              The outside of my thumb is anchored on the 15th fret or so usually. More than stable enough and way more reach than I have frets.
                              Depends how fast you want to play on those frets. There's a reason not many neoclassical shredders play LP's. Can it be done? ..I'm sure it can. But there are a lot easier choices for that kind of thing out there.

I think if you're playing 80's party metal or hard rock & blues an LP will do great for that kind of thing....but saying it's as efficient/good as a superstrat for shredding...I' disagree.
                              Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 09-09-2023, 11:15 PM.
                              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I do not do any of those contortions when I play high on the neck with my Les Paul. I don't even think about the joint it is not an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X