dont do it
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Hmm, I've never seen that before, and have owned/played quite a few Floyded guitars, certainly a factory issue.

As has been mentioned, they sometimes develop a lean in the other direction from string/spring tension, and I think it's more likely recessed ones which have shorter studs/inserts. I've got a couple of old Ibz with non-recessed Edge trems - which have longer studs/inserts than later ones - and after almost 40 years, they're just as they were on day one.

So, yeah, the only way to correct it is to pull the inserts, plug and redrill. Unless you've really bonded with the guitar, better to get your clams back. Pity, looks like a sweet ride, but I am fond of single hb with Floyd .
      Originally posted by dominus
      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
        Hmm, I've never seen that before, and have owned/played quite a few Floyded guitars, certainly a factory issue.

As has been mentioned, they sometimes develop a lean in the other direction from string/spring tension, and I think it's more likely recessed ones which have shorter studs/inserts. I've got a couple of old Ibz with non-recessed Edge trems - which have longer studs/inserts than later ones - and after almost 40 years, they're just as they were on day one.

So, yeah, the only way to correct it is to pull the inserts, plug and redrill. Unless you've really bonded with the guitar, better to get your clams back. Pity, looks like a sweet ride, but I am fond of single hb with Floyd .
        I know, this is a sweet guitar. Non recessed Floyd has a longer block, if they only installed the posts straight it would be a keeper.

I came to the realization that I almost never use the neck pickup, all I need is a humbucker with a split.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          It isn't worth putting any more time into it. Move on.
          I'm documenting this for posterity and to prove there is a manufacturing defect in case I need to do a charge back.

Comment

This is disgusting. I just realized that changing the action on this guitar will **** up the intonation. This had to have been a factory error.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
              This is disgusting. I just realized that changing the action on this guitar will **** up the intonation. This had to have been a factory error.
              Changing the action changes the intonation on any guitar.

But I bet it would be way more exaggerated if the bridge posts are drilled at an angle.

Comment

True. Small changes in action dont change intonation appreciably ime.

I sent this guitar back! It had a really solid neck and i loved how it looked. I wasnt sure i would like the offset inlays but they were more visible than offset small dots. The paint was smoother than jacksons painted necks.

Should i try another? Im still waiting for refunds. These places drag their feet.

Comment

Working...
                X