I'm out of tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
    You are getting all this free tech advice yet you don't seem thankful. This is my last freebie.
    I can't even comment further because they never said what guitar make and model and what bridge is on it, though if the G needs to be that far back I believe something else is contributing. Goober knows what he's talking about.

Comment

I got it much closer by shortening the spring. I will have the nut checked. Strings are S.I.T pure nickel. I've noticed they do in fact stay in tune better than either GHS or Ernie Ball. Frets were done at Sweetwater by a PLEK machine. $299.00.

Guitar is a Player Strat. Two-point bridge.
      Last edited by Napthol; 10-05-2023, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        Goober knows what he's talking about.
        Goober is no Goober when it comes to Guitaring

Also, when ICTGoober posts something, I read it in my head like a superheavy Jayhawker accent -like Danny Cary for example.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Also, when ICTGoober posts something, I read it in my head like a superheavy Jayhawker accent -like Danny Cary for example.
          I have no idea who Danny Cary is.
          Decades ago I had a girlfriend who told me I sounded like a redneck geechee from Georgia.
          I found that hilarious, saying I sounded southern - but it was southern Kansas.

I posted this awhile back - the only vid of me talking...Judge for yourself.
          Chris and the Toby DX 4 - YouTube

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
            It's the nut. NOT the bridge.
            care to expand on that? as long as the nuts in the right place and cut cleanly and properly, and understanding the guitar is a flawed instrument, not sure how the nut would mess with the intonation that much. ive built guitars from blocks of wood, but im no luthier

Comment

sounds like high action to me

just saying

you are plucking the harmonic directly over the 12th fret ? right

if you are just a bit back it will do that as well
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

care to expand on that? as long as the nuts in the right place and cut cleanly and properly, and understanding the guitar is a flawed instrument, not sure how the nut would mess with the intonation that much.
                It's probably NOT cut properly (as to correct height). In my experience, it's almost ALWAYS the nut. But it could be the bridge. The nut is just the first place to look.

Comment

Just get rid of the spring lol. I hate those things and always get rid of all of them because they always buzz.
                  The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

I have no idea who Danny Cary is.
                    Decades ago I had a girlfriend who told me I sounded like a redneck geechee from Georgia.
                    I found that hilarious, saying I sounded southern - but it was southern Kansas.

I posted this awhile back - the only vid of me talking...Judge for yourself.
                    Chris and the Toby DX 4 - YouTube

Nice video, you voice is a more reserved and little smoother than the brash Jayhawker accent I was reading your post as -also - I imagined you with a boonie hat on -I have no idea why.

​​​​​​Danny Cary is drummer for tool and talks with a heavy Jayhawker accent,
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Goob you seem mild mannered in real life compared to your rage online lol!
                      The things that you wanted
                      I bought them for you

Comment

I'm moody.

Comment

Working...
                        X