Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

You could just switch the wires on the neck and keep rockin'
    Would that not cause any issues? I remember I had my 500T's wires wired backwards at some point. It had the phase flipped, but it sounded good... unless I touched something metal. I don't remember if it was when I touched the metal or when I wasn't touching it. But as soon as I reversed the phase, that ground buzz went away. I got that advise from someone in this forum, actually.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 11-04-2023, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone it took me a minute because I got pretty sick (chronic pancreatitis) but I did get my mods done on my Greeny. Just replaced the Greenybuckers with a Duncan custom/jazz neck set and put on some locking grovers but opted to keep the original tuner tips that came on it. Matched the knobs and replaced the output jack and jack plate.
      That's all I did I definitely get along better with these pickups and this just feels better than my other faded 50's standard for some reason...
      It's funny how some stories became historic,
      especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Forgot the pics ..
        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Glad you got it updated the way that YOU like it and that makes sense to you. If you are satisfied then that’s all that matters.

Happy for you.
          Play more guitar.

Comment

I would turn the neck pickup the right way around, but that's just me, LOL.

But killer guitar, man.

Comment

Nice. Although, I liked the "Bonamassa" knobs. But matched is sweet too.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys. I left the neck pickup turned around to pay tribute to greeny but I just don't like out of phase tones and I use the middle position 95% of the time for rhythm so with the Duncan custom/jazz neck set in there this is a very versatile and heavy sounding guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
                  left the neck pickup turned around to pay tribute to greeny but I just don't like out of phase tones
                  mmh, the orientation doesn't affect the phase, it could affect the sound sometimes however, given the fact the coil with the screws sits In a different location

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                    mmh, the orientation doesn't affect the phase, it could affect the sound sometimes however, given the fact the coil with the screws sits In a different location
                    Most SD pickups are wound with the same wire and resistance on the bobbin on both sides, aren't they? I know that Dimarzio does different winds on quite a few models, so there might be sound differences when flipping them.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Most SD pickups are wound with the same wire and resistance on the bobbin on both sides, aren't they? I know that Dimarzio does different winds on quite a few models, so there might be sound differences when flipping them.
                      Yes. But the amount of metal and the geometry of the magnetic field is slightly different on the slug coil vs. the screw coil, so there ought to be a small difference in how both sound.​

Comment

Pretty axe. I dig the darl mahog and especially the dark rosewood.
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                          Would that not cause any issues? I remember I had my 500T's wires wired backwards at some point. It had the phase flipped, but it sounded good... unless I touched something metal. I don't remember if it was when I touched the metal or when I wasn't touching it. But as soon as I reversed the phase, that ground buzz went away. I got that advise from someone in this forum, actually.
                          If you have 2-conductor and flipped the wires, then you would need to ground the baseplate. If it's 4-conductor, you leave bare to ground and flip the hot/ground wires. Wasn't thinking, I suppose Greeny is 2-conductor, so you'd have to do a little extra work.

Comment

Working...
                          X