banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Strat modding mode! Come recommend me stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s beautiful. I’m finally going to go back to SSS on my 2006 American strat (Blackouts strat set with a push pull). Just trying to decide on a pickguard. It’s just the typical American tobacco sunburst finish. I could do white pickups on the stock pickguard but I’m completely undecided.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      Now, would I do it again? Hell no, LOL. I should've moved the guitar the moment issues started arising. But by the time I realized that, I was deep into modding this guitar, so I just went with it. I will say, though, the journey was fun, I got to try a lot of different stuff, and I learned what I like and don't like in a Strat.
      The journey is exactly why I can't leave well enough alone on my guitars. You've got down a path that has led you to a guitar that is uniquely yours. Enjoy it!
      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeS View Post
        The journey is exactly why I can't leave well enough alone on my guitars. You've got down a path that has led you to a guitar that is uniquely yours. Enjoy it!
        Yeah! Honestly, It's probably the Strat that feels and sounds the least like a Strat, LOL. But I love it. It's my Strat.

Originally posted by El Dunco View Post
        It’s beautiful. I’m finally going to go back to SSS on my 2006 American strat (Blackouts strat set with a push pull). Just trying to decide on a pickguard. It’s just the typical American tobacco sunburst finish. I could do white pickups on the stock pickguard but I’m completely undecided.
        Thank you!

What's the stock pickguard like? I think a black pickguard with white or cream pickups would look cool! Kinda like SRV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
          Yeah! Honestly, It's probably the Strat that feels and sounds the least like a Strat, LOL. But I love it. It's my Strat.

Thank you!

What's the stock pickguard like? I think a black pickguard with white or cream pickups would look cool! Kinda like SRV.
          That’s a good idea, it’s why I chose the black Jolly Rodger pirate pickguard for HSS (they absolutely lied by the way. It’s supposed to be compatible with real Fender strats, a USA made is as “real strat” as it gets but the holes just don’t quite line up without serious finessing and the humbucker hole is slightly offset from the cavity!)

The stock one is just the typical off-white pickguard every stock strat comes with. Now I just need to decide on glossy or matte. Maybe a bespoke graphic.
          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by El Dunco View Post
            That’s a good idea, it’s why I chose the black Jolly Rodger pirate pickguard for HSS (they absolutely lied by the way. It’s supposed to be compatible with real Fender strats, a USA made is as “real strat” as it gets but the holes just don’t quite line up without serious finessing and the humbucker hole is slightly offset from the cavity!)

The stock one is just the typical off-white pickguard every stock strat comes with. Now I just need to decide on glossy or matte. Maybe a bespoke graphic.
            Yeah, aftermarket pickguards are finicky.

The first few that I tried in this thread​ were Musiclily off Amazon, and they fit well. Maybe a screw or two went at a very slight angle, but it wasn't like bad bad. It looked good. But the HS one was so off I had to fill and redrill all the holes with the exception of maybe one. And the neck pocket cutout was off too, but luckily the 22-fret neck covers that. It wasn't Musiclily brand, though. It was random Chinese from Amazon.

Musiclily overll sell decent stuff (for the most part) that's cheap for Strats. I liked their pickguards and trem blocks and I even had a blade SC-sized humbucker that sounded alright.
            Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-10-2024, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X