banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement saddles for Fender Mexican Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same problem when changing strings on my American Special Strat. I change them one at a time which kinda helps. I guess I'm going to have to go with the blue Loctite route on the next string change. I'll be looking for a set of block saddles since I'm not really a fan of bent steel saddles.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	403634759_899871721689668_5402282630941512210_n.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	6263435

Brass saddles are in! These are MUCH better. Funny how the cheapie saddles off Amazon are much higher quality than the stock Fender-branded ones. Much less play and way sturdier adjustment screws.

Tonally, I noticed a VERY slight difference. Very. Perhaps a bit twangier? Perhaps a bit growlier? Like the zinginess went down to the higher mids and the chunk went up to the low mids. I like it, personally. Sounds a bit more Tele-ish... and well, Teles sounds better than Strats in stock form 90% of the time, anyways.

Comment

well done. good choice and Clint 55 knows. Leo perfected the bridge design at G&L. Fender bent steel saddles are an abomination. Fender custom shop shouldn't stop with the brass jazzmaster bridge option but branch out to other models.

Comment

Originally posted by esandes View Post
          well done. good choice and Clint 55 knows. Leo perfected the bridge design at G&L. Fender bent steel saddles are an abomination. Fender custom shop shouldn't stop with the brass jazzmaster bridge option but branch out to other models.
          So is the 6-screw trem, TBH. Luckily, I don't use mine.

But TBH, I could've possibly been happy with steel block saddles too, as long as they functioned as well as these. These do look kinda cool and add to the whole rat-rod vibe of the guitar being mismatched.

Comment

Working...
          X