NGD: F-Hole Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: F-Hole Content

I bought a used Squier Classic Vibe '70s Tele Thinline. It's from 2020. The body is maple as is the neck but it's still fairly light, and looks similar enough to Ash. I haven't put it on a scale but compared to my 8 lb Baja it feels like it's about 6 lbs.

I've never played a Tele with real CuNiFe pickups and I suspect these Squier Wide-Ranges sound close but not the same. That said I find they sound pretty good, and different from any of my other HH guitars, including my Sheraton with Minis.

I wish the neck profile was a little chunkier but it's playable. If I find a good deal on a better neck I might replace it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Thinline Main.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	6264997

Name:	Thinline Body.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	6264996

Name:	Thinline Back.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	6264995

Name:	Thinline Head.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	6264994

Name:	Natty up Front.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	6264998

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Congrats! Squiers look so much better when the seams actually make sense, like yours!

Yeah, the neck is similar to the Fender Modern C on those. I guess if you like chunkier necks, it might not be your thing. But from my Esquire, the thing that I liked the most was the neck profile. I wished the fretboard was flatter, though. I don't mind a thick-ish neck myself as long as the fretboard is 12" at least. But we all like different things.

Enjoy it!

Comment

looks great! nice trio of teles ya got there

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
        Yeah, the neck is similar to the Fender Modern C on those. I guess if you like chunkier necks, it might not be your thing. But from my Esquire, the thing that I liked the most was the neck profile. I wished the fretboard was flatter, though. I don't mind a thick-ish neck myself as long as the fretboard is 12" at least. But we all like different things.

Enjoy it!
        The necks on both my Fender Teles are the '50s soft V with a 9.5" fretboard (Classic Player Baja necks). If I can find a neck similar to those I'll replace the stock one, until then I'll leave it. I find with thinner necks my hand gets sore doing barre chords for extended periods, but it doesn't with thicker necks.
        "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post

The necks on both my Fender Teles are the '50s soft V with a 9.5" fretboard (Classic Player Baja necks). If I can find a neck similar to those I'll replace the stock one, until then I'll leave it. I find with thinner necks my hand gets sore doing barre chords for extended periods, but it doesn't with thicker necks.
          Oh, they sell those. Are yours Mexican? The Mexican necks they sell have a 7.25" radius, but they're called 50's Player or something like that and have the Soft V profile.

I just got the antithesis of the necks you like for my Strat, LOL. Flat Oval (19mm thick) with a 12" board, haha. To be fair, though, I only really play bar chords when I'm playing like Opeth or attempting to write like an ugly dissonant Black Metal-ish riff. However, even if I would never buy a thick neck for myself, I don't think I've ever felt like actual pain when playing any neck profile.

Like I said, we all like different things. I'm sure that Squier is killer as is.
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 12-28-2023, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Oh, they sell those. Are yours Mexican? The Mexican necks they sell have a 7.25" radius, but they're called 50's Player or something like that and have the Soft V profile.
            Yes they are MIM. The Blonde is an actual Classic Player Baja Tele. The Sunburst is a 2004 MIM standard body with upgraded electronics and bridge and a neck swapped from a Baja Tele.
            I made a post about that neck swap that went completely unnoticed: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...5991-ngd-sorta

I work in construction and have done for the past 8 years. My hands are often sore before I even start playing guitar. No doubt I'll have arthritis if I don't yet already. A guitar neck that doesn't incur further pain is essential, and despite not having huge hands I find chunkier necks more comfortable to grip.

Comment

Very nice. I find those Classic Vibe Squiers to be really good value. Enjoy!
              Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

I played an orginal Fender some moons ago. These Squier pickups are just standard humbuckers with different cosmetics. Cunife pickups have a distinct and very different sound.
                Scroll down for Blind Test reveals!Fender CuNiFe (2020 & Original) vs Lollar vs Creamery in 1 Guitar: https://youtu.be/decC6VkvGV8Fender CuNiFe vs Vintera v...

Blind Test #3
                Last edited by hamerfan; 12-30-2023, 11:07 AM.
                I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Yes they are MIM. The Blonde is an actual Classic Player Baja Tele. The Sunburst is a 2004 MIM standard body with upgraded electronics and bridge and a neck swapped from a Baja Tele.
                  I made a post about that neck swap that went completely unnoticed: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...5991-ngd-sorta

I work in construction and have done for the past 8 years. My hands are often sore before I even start playing guitar. No doubt I'll have arthritis if I don't yet already. A guitar neck that doesn't incur further pain is essential, and despite not having huge hands I find chunkier necks more comfortable to grip.
                  Ah, I missed it too. I bought mine off Solo Music. TBH, I didn't want to spend a lot, so I wanted originally to get just like the plain Modern C profile with a 9.5" Maple Board. But it was OOS, so I figured I'd go all out and get the Baked Maple Flat Oval with the 12" board and jumbo frets, which is what I really wanted. I guess I'm turning my Fender more into a Charvel in disguise, LOL.

Those two Teles are killer, BTW. I personally like how stock Teles look and sound way better than Strats. But Strats are undoubtedly more ergonomic, and there is more stuff available to mod Strats.
                  Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 12-30-2023, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Ah, I missed it too. I bought mine off Solo Music. TBH, I didn't want to spend a lot, so I wanted originally to get just like the plain Modern C profile with a 9.5" Maple Board. But it was OOS, so I figured I'd go all out and get the Baked Maple Flat Oval with the 12" board and jumbo frets, which is what I really wanted. I guess I'm turning my Fender more into a Charvel in disguise, LOL.

Those two Teles are killer, BTW. I personally like how stock Teles look and sound way better than Strats. But Strats are undoubtedly more ergonomic, and there is more stuff available to mod Strats.
                    Thank you. I started on a Strat, a couple years later I bought the Sunburst Tele, sold the Strat, and never kept another Strat for more than a few months. I just prefer a Tele.

I looked at necks on Solo. They have the one I want but it's more than I paid for the Squier itself and their cheap necks (unshaped headstocks) are all a thin C shape. Oh well.

Comment

Thank you. I started on a Strat, a couple years later I bought the Sunburst Tele, sold the Strat, and never kept another Strat for more than a few months. I just prefer a Tele.

I looked at necks on Solo. They have the one I want but it's more than I paid for the Squier itself and their cheap necks (unshaped headstocks) are all a thin C shape. Oh well.
                      Oh, aboutt their own-brand necks, I believe they're actually made by the same factory that makes the Mighty Mite necks. Reviews on them seem mixed. I'd rather order an Allparts neck if I didn't want to pay the full-on price for a Fender neck (which IMO do get expensive). But at the same time, personally, I REALLY wanted a Mexican Fender neck because the real reason why I wanted the Strat in the first place was that I wanted to own both a Gibson and a Fender (those are my only two guitars left right now). Plus I specifically wanted a Mexican neck because I'm Mexican, and I find it kinda poetic to own a Mexican Fender while being in Canada, LOL. Kinda ridiculous, I know, but kinda meaningful to me.

And yeah, I originally wanted a full-on Fender Tele when I was selling my Epiphone. But someone offered the Strat, and I jumped on that trade. Ended up kinda regretting it, but I kinda like guitars with stories behind them too.

Honestly, I 95% prefer a Tele over a Strat. The only bad thing about Teles (for me) is that their routes are usually les flexibel than Strats. If I wanted to put a D-Ac on a Tele, I'd have to route and get a new bridge, for example. But visually, and in stock unmodded form, I do much prefer Teles over Strats.

Comment

Nice Tele, great looker. Enjoy.

Comment

I bought a used Squier Classic Vibe '70s Tele Thinline. It's from 2020. The body is maple as is the neck but it's still fairly light, and looks similar enough to Ash. I haven't put it on a scale but compared to my 8 lb Baja it feels like it's about 6 lbs.

I've never played a Tele with real CuNiFe pickups and I suspect these Squier Wide-Ranges sound close but not the same. That said I find they sound pretty good, and different from any of my other HH guitars, including my Sheraton with Minis.

I wish the neck profile was a little chunkier but it's playable. If I find a good deal on a better neck I might replace it.

Name:	Thinline Main.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	6264997

Name:	Thinline Body.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	6264996

Name:	Thinline Back.jpg
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	6264995

Name:	Thinline Head.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	6264994

Name:	Natty up Front.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	6264998
                          Had a real 72 thin line at one time. That body is Ash, not maple, BTW. Those are nice guitars, but I have to wonder why they used the 3 screw neck plated instead of a modern 4 on those? It's a Squire, not a true vintage reissue.
                          Guitars
                          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

Had a real 72 thin line at one time. That body is Ash, not maple, BTW. Those are nice guitars, but I have to wonder why they used the 3 screw neck plated instead of a modern 4 on those? It's a Squire, not a true vintage reissue.
                            It is a maple body, the specs on the Fender website even state so. It also has a 4 bolt neck plate, look again at the picture of the back.
                            Classic Vibe '70s Telecaster® Thinline, Maple Fingerboard, Natural

Comment

Working...
                            X