Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black hardware with PA-TB pickups.

Comment

That would look badass with "aged" nickel hardware, Antiquities, or 36th ann with a Fortitude bridge...
      Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
      Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
      Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
      Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Another vote for black hardware and black winters.
        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Blacking it out should look killer. But I would drop some heavier-sounding pickups to go with the blackout look. Excellent chance to try out some Black Winters which you have been dying to try!

Comment

I already like this but I’d go gold hardware and crème Brobucker and crème Seth or ‘59 neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Somebody needs to be slapped for those ....
              They sold out in like a day, so it was a smart move by Gibson. Look forward to higher priced sets with the same exact sound.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'd leave the hardware alone. If you want to change the pickups....leave them black like they are.

Comment

So, I have came to. couple of conclusions from this thread;

1. There really is no bad combination of gold or chrome or black or whatever. They would all look pretty good
                  2. I'm definitely going to black it out, nob convincing argument against it
                  3. I have no idea what pickups for it. But they will be all black. If those 57 classics from Irish were all black, they'd go in there.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

So, I have came to. couple of conclusions from this thread;

1. There really is no bad combination of gold or chrome or black or whatever. They would all look pretty good
                    3. I have no idea what pickups for it. But they will be all black. If those 57 classics from Irish were all black, they'd go in there.
                    Yep definitely black!

Then try out of set of the hyper vintage... It would get you a more modern but not ridiculously away from Les Paul tone with that walnut underneath.. and the pole pieces and rails would give it a little bling.

https://www.wwbw.com/Railhammer-Hyper-Vintage-Humbucker-Pickup-L79776-L79776000001001.wwbw?source=TWWR5J1BB&cntry=us&cur rency=usd&source=TWWRAH4BD&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwK CAiAq4KuBhA6EiwArMAw1F8GD6kwXyQpWRsoz6lSrBOvZHSkF8 jTaU5xCcWgA7pnZWxBPFfG8RoCV40QAvD_BwE

And almost got one of those when they first came out.. Glad you hung onto it!
                    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

[QUOTE=Aceman;n6269498]
                      3. I have no idea what pickups for it. But they will be all black./QUOTE]

Get some blackened Black Winters and do it right.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

[QUOTE=Mincer;n6269643]
                        3. I have no idea what pickups for it. But they will be all black./QUOTE]

Get some blackened Black Winters and do it right.
                        Nah
                        3 Les Pauls: SuperD, SuperD, Duncan D
                        1 Les Paul: Duncan SP3-90 Custom (< NOT mild if you don't know...)
                        1 Les Paul - Pearly Gates

Something else on the milder side, although maybe not vintage side.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                        X