Clear All

I dig the logo on those pickups!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Very nice guitar. Happy birthday

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
        the plate is for the jack, the bridge is a gotoh iirc
        So you only have to remove a couple screws and a cover plate so you can do any repairs and soldering inside the guitar.
        Instead of removing a couple screws and the jack so you can do the repairs outside of the guitar.
        Yeah, I can see how smart that is.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Comment

That's a lovely guitar!
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

makes sense to have that plate for the jack. ive never had good luck with those barrel jacks lasting

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                It looks familiar ​​​​​​. I have to admit that the Pickups surprised me. They are definitely better than I expected. I had heard some samples on YouTube and they didn't impress me, especially humbuckers

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

So you only have to remove a couple screws and a cover plate so you can do any repairs and soldering inside the guitar.
                  Instead of removing a couple screws and the jack so you can do the repairs outside of the guitar.

Comment

The best jacks I know are still the classic style that you see on fenders and Gibsons. Barrel jacks suckkkkkk. but if you just gotta replace the jack, and I guess it doesn't matter if you have to remove the small back plate and nuts&washer, or the jackplate itself as on an LP.

But from a builder's POV, this method is just a breeze to wire up. It's easier than on the outside. I always struggle with having the wire short enough to keep it neat in the control cavity but long enough that it can be soldered outside of the guitar.

And, this plate also allows for some modding, like installing the Fishman USB port for the 9V battery pack.

Comment

I always struggle with having the wire short enough to keep it neat in the control cavity but long enough that it can be soldered outside of the guitar.
                      I found zip ties and a bit of planning quite useful for this sort of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post

It looks familiar ​​​​​​. I have to admit that the Pickups surprised me. They are definitely better than I expected. I had heard some samples on YouTube and they didn't impress me, especially humbuckers
                        Well, what I mean is that you don't see the 'S' logo on SD pickups much. In some ways, it is more elegant than the words.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

And, this plate also allows for some modding, like installing the Fishman USB port for the 9V battery pack.
                          You can fit that in this small cavity?

Comment

You can fit that in this small cavity?
                            the USB fits near the jack, the battery elsewhere. I did a few times. it's a pain but it fits.

Comment

Working...
                            X