No announcement yet.

Ok, I'm jonesing for a Silent guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that donner looks great for a travel thing. I'd love an aluminum version that wouldn't warp with heat and weather (like a hot car)
    You realize that Travis Bean and Kramer made aluminum necked instruments in the late 70's.... I say MADE. Because even hot stage lights used to make them go out of tune.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

You realize that Travis Bean and Kramer made aluminum necked instruments in the late 70's.... I say MADE. Because even hot stage lights used to make them go out of tune.
      did not know that! I mean I knew some companies made them but thought they were more stable than that
      Last edited by DankStar; 02-16-2024, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seashore View Post
        There are a few of the Yamahas used on Reverb for $350-400, if that makes a difference to ya.
        Yeah, a big difference, I dont see it happening soon with the move and everything going on right now. That brings it into the realm of possibility, sooner than later, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

I remember the Kramer, aluminum has come a long way since the late seventies & early eighties

Comment

I had an Applause roundback with an aluminum fretboard

Plastic back wood covered aluminum neck

Great guitar for creek banks
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
            X