Refin advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
    I'm really struggling with scratching the rounded edges where the front and back of the guitar meets the side, any way around this?
    Sand paper cuts more aggressively when sanding edges so use finer paper there. Maybe 220.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

You're right I can't believe I didn't think of that. I'm not too worried about scratching, it's just my entire life I've been a little bit of a stickler for technique and doing things as right as possible.

As far as cheap crappy wood goes, what's a good way to make the grain pop? I'm planning on using a conditioner followed by a water based stain. Should I also incorporate some sort of grain enhancer? I plan on staining it black.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I want closer to the Tele, further from the Ibanez. I want an obvious grain but one that is integrated into the look rather than a stark contrast
        Attached Files
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

ceruse

google
          gray cerused oak finish
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Interesting. Perhaps a light black base color and a darker black ceruse?

Comment

I would do darker first
              then sand back before the lighter color
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
              X