This guitar puts the \/ in \m/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guitar puts the \/ in \m/

I've always been a fan of "V" shaped guitars and, last year, I happened to come across a small Ukrainian builder by the name of "GT Guitars" who had done a unique take on the traditional Flying V design as one of their very first builds.

They called it the "V8" model and it certainly had a modern, muscular appearance with uniquely rounded edges that surprisingly didn't look out of place:

Well, as an early Xmas present to myself, I reached out to the owner, Mikhailo, and decided to order a custom V8 model of my own in a "lime green metallic" finish.

That was nearly 6 months ago and, despite being quoted a 3-month build time, it's FINALLY on its way here!

This is one of the last progress shots he sent me, right after it was adorned with a brand new set of SD Black Winters!

The color must be hard to photograph, because it has looked slightly different in every picture he's sent me!

I'm super excited to see this guitar in person and finally get to play it!

I dig it, hopefully it arrives soon. Congrats, is this the one on his Instagram page? Love that little sparkle in it if it is
    Last edited by Hsb; 03-02-2024, 05:56 PM.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

That’s pretty cool. The large radius on the edges works really well and the whole design wears the “V8” moniker well.
      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Daddy like...a lot!

Comment

That's hawt. Love the racing stripes/binding/line that goes up the back of the stockings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
            I dig it, hopefully it arrives soon. Congrats, is this the one on his Instagram page? Love that little sparkle in it if it is
            Yes! The sparkle is really subtle, almost like a pearl. The "metallic" look seems to flatten out a bit from a distance, at least in pics, but the close-up shots he has shared are really nice!

Here's the build progress reel on Instagram: LINK

And some pics he posted right before shipping: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              That's hawt. Love the racing stripes/binding/line that goes up the back of the stockings.
              Thanks!

Yeah, he uses binding for the stripes down the side, so the black isn't painted on!

Comment

Buy now before Gibson starts hating...

Green & Black please!
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Never thought I'd like a lime green V, but that's pretty cool.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The body looks thicker than normal on those. Also, what kind of radius on the back of the body?
                    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I've never been a fan of "V"s, but I have to admit that's the nicest one I've seen.

I actually like lime green, but that black one really tickles me.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Doc took the words out of my mouth. I like that one.

That Schecter V you had for sale years ago was sweet too.

Comment

Wow, that does look killer!

Comment

I like them except for the GT on the fingerboards.

Comment

That thing's evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X