banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need a Les Paul Classic? Talk me in or out of it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post

A Tribute is a real Les Paul, don't be "that guy". I know you are not "that guy".
    Here is exactly the guy I am - and it is well documented;

A Les Paul Studio is all the Les Paul you need. Mahogany Body, Maple Cap, Rosewood board, Single Cut, Dual Humbuckers, 24 3/4 scale, 22 Frets. THAT is a Les Paul.
    (So technically, yeah, a Tribute is a satin finish studio...I get it)

But it isn't the Les Paul you want, it isn't the Les Paul you need, it isn't the Les Paul you crave - that Les Paul, has either single or multi binding on the body and neck, maybe the headstock. And you know it.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

What was the era of ugly inlays? Classics always had the same inlays, didn't they?
      there was an era where the inlays were this kinda green color, cant recall the era. '90-'93 lp classic is one hell of guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I fixed that for you.
        Well, not so much being a pussy, just not being a middle linebacker muscleman.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I wouldn't say the one I tried was a boat anchor. It has the ultra modern weight relief or whatever.

Overall, I wouldn't say modern Les Pauls are all that heavy. My Tribute is a bit lighter than my Strat, and it's way lighter than my CV Squier Esquire used to be.

I don't romanticize heavy guitars either. That's a 70's thing. I just wouldn't like a Les Paul to be what... 6 pounds either. But I wouldn't say the one I tried was super heavy at all.
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-06-2024, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X