banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False? Every guitarist has seller’s remorse…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False.

Comment

False. I have bought and sold guitars since the 70's (often had guitars much older than that). Every now and then I had a bit of remorse, but that was very rare. I still buy and sell because I get gas, buy something....but5 don't keep many guitars around, so I'm no hoarder.
      *******Please check out some of my songs:
      https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/de...bandid=1430296

Comment

I've sold a lot over the past 65 years and regret every single one.

That being said, if you never sell any, you'll never have seller's remorse. So now-a-days I just don't sell any of "my" guitars (I do sell custom builds to customers, however).
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
          No remorse here. I've Only sold a couple (ie. two) of guitars (of the 40+ I have) over the last 30 or so years ..and one of those I bought back
          Obviously some remorse on selling it.

Comment

Every time I see a Travis Bean going for 10-12K, I throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Comment

1 spent a lot of time in the US in 2006. Picked up a lot of irresistable bargains due to it being 2 bucks to the pound. Never returned home without a guitar.as hand luggage These included a US fender, 2 gibsons.and a PRS.

It took me a while to realise I was actually happiest playing sub $500 guitars (2008 prices) and accordingly got rid of all my high end...at a slight profit. Never once have had any regrets.

Comment

theres only a few, but the all gold 'r6 is the one that gets me. such a great guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Gstring View Post
                  1 spent a lot of time in the US in 2006. Picked up a lot of irresistable bargains due to it being 2 bucks to the pound. Never returned home without a guitar.as hand luggage These included a US fender, 2 gibsons.and a PRS.

It took me a while to realise I was actually happiest playing sub $500 guitars (2008 prices) and accordingly got rid of all my high end...at a slight profit. Never once have had any regrets.
                  If you prefer the lower cost guitars and sold the higher end ones for a profit, I can see that there would be no regrets at all. Congrats on making some fine decisions.

Comment

Working...
                  X