No announcement yet.

Anyone find some deals at Sam Ash yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone find some deals at Sam Ash yet?

Such a bummer that a big old institution like that is closing but might be a good chance for some deals.

Havent been to Sam Ash in years, it was quite lackluster when I last visited. I did hit up Guitar Center and they still had the Kurt Hammett LTD V on sale for $799 I think, that was a couple weeks ago.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

There isn't a Sam Ash within a thousand miles of me.

Comment

I doubt you will find deals most of the stuff will be liquidated in lots

Comment

I went today. Extremely disappointing. Big banners "Everything on Sale Up to 30% off" Basically all instruments were 5% off, and accessories 10% off. Other than a small clearance table of junk I saw nothing more than 10% off.

Comment

ha jeesh. pretty lame.

Comment

They will sell it all to a liquidator as soon as they settle on a price.

There really is no such thing as a "going out of business sale" anymore.

Comment

can we pool our money and bid on it? ha

Comment

I see our local one is offering a whopping 5% off. So...see ya.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I remember was Mars Music went under. They advertised a going out of business sale. Me and a friend showed up but dealers had bought everything up long before we got there.

Comment

I got a Wylde Overdrive several years back from a Black Friday sale at Sam Ash for like $30, so I'll never talk badly about them, especially since it has the GT-OD circuit hidden inside.

Comment

Liquidators are usually working to maximize what is owed creditors

Step 1 - raise prices to retail
                        Step 2 - 5% off

Our local one is still open - was one of the first to show closing signs

Over a month later...Les Paul Classic is $1600
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          Liquidators are usually working to maximize what is owed creditors

Step 1 - raise prices to retail
                          Step 2 - 5% off

Our local one is still open - was one of the first to show closing signs

Over a month later...Les Paul Classic is $1600
                          They will sell them to you for $1499 if you buy a palette's worth of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

They will sell them to you for $1499 if you buy a palette's worth of them.
                            Well, there is still a palettes worth hanging on the wall.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                            X